finished 1 wheel

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by Jimmy Denton, Oct 29, 2003.

1. domma Forum Member

The trick is to get some heat into it as you polish. Fine balance between to hot and the polish drying out and a dark thick paste.

This gives it a deep finish. There is no short cut mate.if you can see an imperfection at any stage that stands out, its on there for all the other stages as well!

A polished scratch is a short cut! You can't polish a turd! so you have to get every stage the roght standard before you move onto the next.

Do the paper work by hand and use a high rev mop for the polish. Use polishing " rouge " on the mop.its got a fine abrasive in it and if you apply pressure you will get the heat needed for the deep shine.

Looks ok so far though mate. Bet your bedrooms a _ukin mess though hey?

Cheers Domma...............

2. Jimmy Denton Forum Member

demondave, i cant afford to take them to a pro, gonna start on another one tomorrow see how that ones goes, should have it finished for monday maybe?

3. Jimmy Denton Forum Member

hahaha that mark was a piece of fluff off my cloth mate, had me fooled on that pic too :p

4. Dave J Forum Member

That looks sweet! I really like those wheels, nearly bought a set at BVF this year, I saw them on a trade stand on the Saturday and couldn't make my mind up. I decided to sleep on it and if they were there on the Sun I would but them. The trade stand wasn't there on the Sunday! I couldn't really afford them but one day I will have a set.

Well done! Good luck on the other 3.

5. Jimmy Denton Forum Member

mine cost me 60 mate how much were ones on stand?

6. Dave J Forum Member

They were 100 with tyres. two of the tyres were not very good and the wheels were in a bit of a state, looked worse than the pic you put up. Will get some eventually but am skint with more important things to spend money on at the mo...

7. Jimmy Denton Forum Member

yeah, i havnt got much to do, wheels are priority so i got them, be going with my bro to get part worns when they're finished

8. Jimmy Denton Forum Member

i was thinking on buying a mop to fit onto a drill from machine mart, can i use autosol with the mop or not?

9. young dub Forum Member

I suggest you use Peek.

10. Jimmy Denton Forum Member

in the tube or in the tin bottle or doesnt it matter?

11. young dub Forum Member

Dunno if it doesnt matter, i used the one in the tube.