Fitting Twin weber 45s to a Mk2 16 valve

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Mad Micks, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Mad Micks Forum Member

120 PSi! :lol: That's quite a bit!

Delivery pressure from the filter king around 6-7 PSi, so no surprises why it over pressurised! [:$]

Just got to work out where to put the pump and I'm sure it'll run!! I can't wait!:)
    Edited by: Mad Micks

2. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

steved on here has webers on his mk2 16v sprint car, drop him a pm about the pump. :)

3. Mad Micks Forum Member

Thanks GVK! Message sent! [:D]

4. steved Forum Member

I forgot make sure you get the pump fitted the right way up, I will try and post a pic tomorrow.

5. mk1. Forum Junkie

you usually have to mod the alloy water outlet that the top hose connects to on the cyl head or it will catch the throttle linkage,you have to cut it and get it welded angled down

6. Mad Micks Forum Member

Yes, had to do a little rework to get the manifold and linkage to fit the car. Nothing major, just a slight fettle to the housing and adjustment of the position of the top hose. I have experimented fitting the plastic housing which was introduced later in lieu of the alloy one, but it's not much better. I guess it depends on the type and manufacture of the manifold, although it's fairly close on mine. Not straightforward!

It's all on now, bar the fuel pump and filter king. Fiddly, took my time to make sure everything was on 100% with no fouls. Not the sort of job you can rush!
    Edited by: Mad Micks

7. Mad Micks Forum Member

Yes, good point. My pump has one black wire which I presume with a little modification can be 'tapped' into the existing plug connector feed for the pump, etc. Really looking forward ot getting it all working!

And many thanks again! :)