Flywheel lightening ?s

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by 16vbanger, Oct 20, 2005.

1. hotgolfgirl Forum Member

You only need to take them to 800rpm to test them from what my other half has said. It's either gonna be in balance or out.

A tenner is cheap, and so's buying a single glove if he gets it wrong:lol:

2. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

3. 16vbanger Forum Member

and you do realise big companys make engineringF*** ups ? espicaly when they do the same old job day in day out ;)

4. chrismc Forum Junkie

I can find the ideal weight out very easily, but wouldnt tell you oweing to your attitude with people who are trying to give you sound advice.....

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

5. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

And herein lies a lesson - this forum is about sharing advice - But there is a caveat; if you ask for something for nothing you tend to do it politely as you don't want to upset the person you are asking the favour from.

You're thread has attracted replies from some of the most knowledgeable and experienced long term users of the forum - all of whom are giving you something for nothing.

Sarcastic comments and remarks towards some seriously good advice is never welcomed.

6. ianb Forum Member

chrismc wrote:
    I can find the ideal weight out very easily, but wouldnt tell you oweing to your attitude with people who are trying to give you sound advice.....

Too right :clap:

IAN

7. 16vbanger Forum Member

but did I ask if I should buy one or who from ?

I asked is it worthwhile ? answered yes

I asked how much and where from ? got a pic great help :clap:

reason for this being a 2 page thread rather than answers to my questions ?

8. fthaimike Forum Addict

2 pages because people were trying to tell you to get it done by someone who's done it before & not by someone who says they maybe could do it.

9. chrismc Forum Junkie

Because, as has been explained, you just dont go & take weight from anywhere...whilst a pic is a guide it is by no means conclusive.

You are obviously trying to do it on the cheap, & happy to disregard any advice offered to you. I certainly wouldnt get a flywheel lightened/balanced by someone with zero previous experience.. [:s] A proper off the shelf jobbie is only about 50....

If you had any kind of Nouse, you would make some phone calls to some tuners & seek their advice on ideal weights, but then again it would cost you money on your phone bill.. :lol:

Dex has already commented that your sarky replies are most unwelcome, especially as a lot of the people trying to advise you are very experienced in engine matters.. [xx(]

10. 16vbanger Forum Member

well I'll put it like this

if I asked how to bake a cake

and someone answered goto tesco ,sainsburys ,asda etc that's helping me by ??

in short it is no help just another post under their belt .

now like one page one of this post it was asked what is needed to remove the flywheel

notice my direct answer ? not go to vw or mrclutch !

now not trying to be sarky but say it like it is

I have said I will not pay XXX company XXX on the first page as I am not a blank cheque builder our car is done on a tight budget why because it can be

Also I should add I have'nt even shown my guy a golf flywheel yet or discussed it more than in passing conversation

but I belive I should know exactly what is needed just to confirm anything he say's etc and to be sure it should be a good job ;)

and to this "If you had any kind of Nouse, you would make some phone calls to some tuners & seek their advice on ideal weights, but then again it would cost you money on your phone bill"

I don't see it fair to waste someones time when I ain't gonna buy it from them so to ring them to ask how light etc is a bit out of order in my eye's ;)

now this forum for instance does have a lot of knowledge available to it from people like me etc who do 100% of the work on their own car etc so hell I'll ask :lol:
    Edited by: 16vbanger

11. chrismc Forum Junkie

What the hell is this cake baking analogy?? [:s]

None of us are blank cheque builders either, nor do we write advice for the benefit of our own health... [8(]

Maybe you should consider that "saying it how it is" makes you sound like a bit of a d1ck...& one that isnt going to get a drop more advice from me or anyone else with any sense ;)

12. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

In answer to your up-coming thread

Lost an arm - Auto boc on tuned 16v...?

I have to say i'm not sure how well an auto box would cope with a tuned valver lump, or how easy it is to fit.

Sorry i cannot help further. [:D]

13. chrismc Forum Junkie

PMSL :lol: :lol:

14. 16vbanger Forum Member

Lol it's the passenger that should be worried about shattering flywheel's :p

ok I give up ;)

it don't matter now untill next year ;)