Fuel pressure test results!

Discussion in 'Engines' started by gti_kev, Dec 8, 2005.

1. gti_kev Forum Member

Found it, works fine to the ecu module!

Anyway, back to the pressure! If my injectors were leaking, would they leak when there was pressure in the system or when there was no pressure?

2. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

I think they leak after the engine is switched off and flood the cylinders which then affects starting.

3. gti_kev Forum Member

Cheers Stu, this is probablly my starting problem! - getting new merc ones in around a week! - hopefully, fingers crossed this will cure the problem, otherwise i am going into riley mode :) LoL

4. Ade.Mk1 Forum Member

If they are leaking you should get them checked/fixed asap.

The fuel will be leaking into the oil and diluting it, thus reducing the lubrication and increasing the metal to metal wear rate between the rings and the bores...

5. gti_kev Forum Member

Actually, they must be leaking, as i can smell petrol on the oil (just checked)! Will do a flush and oil change when the new injectors are in!

Cheers for the tip!

6. PaulM Forum Member

i have a question about the WUR mod. What does it achieve? by looking at mine on the car, only the middle section of the WUR touches the block. Drilling the hole will leave it open to the elements?

7. gti_kev Forum Member

The hole you drill is on the back! this brass cap you drill will reveal an allen key screw (see my pics), which you turn to set the pressure, once the desired pressure is set, you can alawys slicon it back up, but i don't think it's nesasary as it's against the block anyway!

What it achieves, well i just followed the stealth massive :)

But seriously, my car is close to 200K and this has really changed the reposivness of the car, seems like more power, but i doubt not much more, just is more of a pleasure to drive! not too sure on the physics of it all, but it worked for me :) The 3.4 bar, should be done really with a RR, and it can be tweaked to fined the ideal control preasure of each indvidual car, some may like a little more, some a little less!

I just did it the closest i could, with limited equipment! 1 year ago i never knew what a kr engine was, know i have knigtmares about them :) LoL

I got 2 spare Wur's btw, if you want to test it with the mod let me know, i'll post it up to you, you'll need the gauge though! - I think 150PDGTI, should have a share option on it :) LoL

8. PaulM Forum Member

ah i see, its all so clear now [:$]

Well i've got another WUR to try but thanks for the offer, might take you up on it.

9. domma Forum Member

Quick way to check the injectors Kev is to take out the spark plugs before you start it in the morning after leaving it overnight.

turn it over whilst your stood out side the car and see if excess fuel vapour shoots out of the cylinders.

My MK1 suffered from this and was a pig to start unless you dumped the throttle to blow it all out. it would run lumpy for about a minute till it cleared.

This will also show you which injector needs replacing!

Domma....

10. gti_kev Forum Member

Thanks domma, good tip, will do this on Saturday!

Yep it does sound the same as you had to do!

Going to replace the lot anyway with nice brass merc ones :)