Gaming Seats - Eventually Bought One - Update 13th Sep 2010

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Deako, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Has anyone purchased one for driving games? Im getting chronic neck pain playing NFS Shift as my sofa is just at the wrong angle for playing, and a wheel on the lap just doesnt work. I have been researching and come across 2 seats that take my fancy.

Has anyone had any experience with either of these?

There is a fantastic thread on the Overclockers forum here:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17729898

Where the user has a great setup including the same Xbox wheel i have. This is the only really decent review i can find.

It also appears like you can change the seat included with the Gameracer when you decide to upgrade:

http://www.thewayiplay.com/mainforum/index.php?topic=395.0

So a nice Recaro SPG could sit there if you so wished. :thumbup:

So, opinions and experiences anyone?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  2. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

i made one, took 30quids of box section and a golf mk2 seat, it even works on runners and you pull the seat slider lever to move it[8D]

3. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

Iv always thought the ones that you can buy would wobble around alot, especialy when your fighting the force feedback. Heres the one I made, i did it in worcester when the wheel and pedals where in bristol so its not finished as it was all guess work, but everything adjusts so it suits everyone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and i know my furniture is rank

4. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

LOL. Nice!!!

I would attempt building one, but i dont have any welding gear.

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

Perhaps you should give up computer games and get out more?

6. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Perhaps i like gaming as much as i like driving in the real world?

Perhaps i like my neck not giving me jip after only 1 hour playing a game?

7. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

I would love to get one of those above and have looked into them loads of times. I just dont have the space for it[:^(]

When i get my own place i will get one:thumbup:

8. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Theres some fantastic threads out there for DIY builds too Mat. People using real cars, real dashboards in their builds.

Space isnt as much of an issue for us with a 3 bed house when only 2 of us (and the dog) live in it. Definitely want one, just cant decide. Both seem good.

9. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

I was looking at the prices wondering whether a track seat off eBay would get you there, but there's a fair bit of faff to put together a structure afterwards, and if it's going to be in the house, it may be subject to minimum visual standards!

10. Admin Guest

didn't you have a mk1 for this?

11. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Exactly, buy a new seat or even a half decent 2nd hand one, and you are close to the cost anyway. You also (well, i do in my house with the furniture we have) want something fairly compliant and well designed.

I couldnt drive the Mk1 round the house Jon. its not that big.

And i dont really understand. Didnt i have a Mk1 for what? Elaborate. I certainly couldnt play video games in it.

Did i accidentally post this in the non-computer games section or something?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  12. stella

stella Forum Junkie

lol - didn't notice your furniture, but I bet your missus is well pleased with that sat in the middle of her livingroom ;)

The Lab doesn't look too impressed, either! :lol:

13. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

no missus anymore, but in the rare occasion i get a female over it lives in the garage bad enough the way the place looks without explaining what the 'rusty metal thing' is:lol:

Lab is looking fat in that pic, well she is abit fat and i cant stop her getting into the field and eating all the fruit off the floor she squeezes under a gate but the other day we found her stuck under it when trying to leave, she must have eaten that much!

14. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

At least you can call her a fat b!tch and get away with it!!

My missus would be in the gaming seat more than me, ripping round Donington on NFS Shift. :lol:

15. Admin Guest

didn't you have a mk1, track spec, to go and enjoy the real life experience of taking the car to a track and using it.

I really can't see the point in splashing out a fair chunk of cash for a seat/steering wheel and pedals to sit in the lounge and play on the PS3. The novelty for me would quickly wear off.

16. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Cant see the point in commenting if you have nothing of any use to say Jon. What you doing in this section then?

17. Admin Guest

Deako, as you are fully aware the mods, look at all sections and read threads that may be of interest to them or catch their attention.

But then you've singled me out for some reason for having a differing opinion.......

18. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

I think you started it Jon buy asking Deako to justify spending money on somthing like that. I dont think you are into games (Not seen you talk about one).

200 for one track day (plus car), Or 200 to get the closest experiance possible to the real thing and use when you want for as long as you want.

200 is nothing.

19. Admin Guest

I only asked seeing as he had a mk1 track car

used to be into games but i don't have the time to spend playing them any more, other things have taken my interest and money.

20. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

i have the dfp like above, just have mine clamped to my desk and pedals on the floor and comp chair adjusted all the way down, not a bad position actually!