Gaming Seats - Eventually Bought One - Update 13th Sep 2010

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Deako, Sep 23, 2009.

1. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

yea like mat says 200quid is nothing really, one yrs tax for a car, im just so tight i made one. i love my set up even if it looks like sh*t its endless fun for me and everyone who comes over, even people who dont like driving games enjoy it, iv had my wheel for about 3yrs and i love it, best 50quid i ever spent and building a frame has made it soooo usable.

2. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

I singled you out for your snide ****ing comments. Again............

3. Mike_H Forum Addict

A car seat and an old weightlifting bench might be a good basis to make your own seat...

4. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

You could.........if you could be bothered.

Anyone actually got any experience with either of the 2 that i asked for advice on?

5. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

havent really got what you wanted out of this thread have you.... the reason i didnt copy those designs was they look like they would wobble and where they fit together might get looser over time, especially rallying on GT4 would really chuck the wheel and pedals around.

Also I find bucket seats arnt really that comfy after long periods and 2hrs game play is average for me.

6. shaggyjh Forum Member

It doesn't solve the seating problem but i use one of these for the wheel. It is perfect as it is fully height adjustable!! :lol:

[​IMG]

7. 1ST_DUB Forum Member

I bought a Playseat last year as a chistmas present to myself to use with my 360.

I did a lot of research beforehand and the Playseat seems miles ahead of anything else in the price range.

Fantasic piece of kit. Very sturdy and easy to assemble - I would recommend one to anyone if they have the space.

I've since sold it as space is seriously limited in the flat and i was getting aggro from the Mrs :lol:

When we move I'm getting another one for sure!

8. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Some of you may remember this thread. Well, after lots of research, i decided on the Openwheeler seat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was my other 30th Birthday present from Gemma. One trackday and a gaming seat. Awesome!!!!!

http://www.openwheeler.co.uk/

Its cheaper on eBay at 260 inc delivery. Since i wrote this original thread, the price of the Gameracer Elite went up to approx 350 and the Playseat up to approx 310. Openwheeler is great value. It only comes in red though.

9. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

dude!!
    that's well ghetto :lol:[:D]

10. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

I is ghetto, I is also dumb for not painting it and leaving it in a damp barn, have to sort it out for GT5 when it comes out! Also the rank furniture is now all gone!

How do you find the chair Luke? does it wobble when fighting force feedback? Iv never used a proper one.

11. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

The chair is great. No wobbling that ive noticed really. I mean, if you really tug at the wheel, you get a bit of movement, but there is loads of velcro on there. Enjoying it so far. Did a great lap on Forza 3 of the ring in a Clio 197. :thumbup:

12. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

lol gota love been able to lap in a car almost like your own, does the xbox wheel have force feedback? I remember using a microsoft one in PC world which didnt, but that may have been an early model.

13. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Yes it does, and on Forza it will literally get ripped out your hands if you arent holding it tight. Its very very good.

14. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

nice, I havent used mine for so long but played on an oldskool ferarri challenge arcade machine the other day with force feedback and paddle shifters, it was the best quid I ever spent! then I remembered I have a similar set up at home:lol:

15. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

that looks awesome deako..... I have been thinking of one of these for when GT5 comes. Trouble is my hardly used playstation is starting to make funny noises which has really really pi55ed me off!

16. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Doh. Fingers crossed its ok then. Seat makes the world of difference. Before i used to struggle with the wheel on my lap. Looking forward to the F1 game now. I wish there were more track packs released for Forza, we need more UK circuits.

17. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

its stopped playing sound with a couple of games, and I watched a blueray from disc yesterday and the sound was lagging. Oh and it now makes a clicking noise the whole time.

its sat there doing bugger all for 2 years waiting for GT5!!!

18. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

[​IMG]

Quality, make me one please. We could do a group buy, for when GT5 comes out ;) :thumbup: :lol:

19. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

The rusty look will cost you extra cause its so scene:lol:

20. Brian.G

Brian.G Forum Member

The ultimate in gaming/simulators! I cant Imagine price though, perhaps a real car would be cheaper :lol:

http://www.cruden.com/