"going cold turkey"

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by slythe_guy, Feb 19, 2006.

1. slythe_guy Forum Member

For those that aren't in the know, this is the new program made by channel 4 about 3 heroin addicts that are "going cold turkey" for the purpose of this program...

now, please tell me, i work my bottom off day in, day out, so i can live a comfortable life, now, at what point will i ever get on tv, never probably, so why should 3 people that have stolen and injected their way to drug addiction have "their stories" told on tv?

i couldn't care less if they're in such a bad situation, they got themselves into that situation by taking drugs in the first f'king place, p'sses me right up the wall do programs like this [:x]

2. bula_82 Forum Junkie

Bet they get paid for it too [:s]

I'll watch it anyway but you have a point! [:s]

3. slythe_guy Forum Member

i wouldn't have thought they'd get paid for it, but they'll go for the "sympathy" vote on how their upbringing was hard and "the only thing they could do was take drugs"

aaargh, there was/is nothing to do in the town i was brought up in, and alright i didn't study all day every day, but my god i made it and graduated from university, and now i'm getting paid to do something i love.

it's their problems, so why should it be thrusted onto me on television, make it look like they're the victims in the whole thing, what?! give me a f'king break...

4. Claypole Forum Junkie

I'll be watching - to see how hard it is when the forum goes offline. ;) :lol: :lol:

5. buzzby Forum Member

This program is whats wrong with this country.

These people should not be on TV. Not only does our Tax mney pay for the drug clincs that help them quit but they will be paid a lot for this crappy TV show.

A better program would be "Watch as we kill drug addicts"

6. thebluebus Forum Junkie

i've always wanted to see someone going cold turkey just out of curiosity :thumbup:. More intresting than half the pooe on tv anyway

7. AndrewD Forum Member

How do you know they'll get paid for this?! And since when have people had to 'earn their right' to appear on TV! Should we only show documentaries about hard-working, law-abiding, respectable people? ;)

Secondly, I'd rather my tax money was spent trying to get people off smack than have to deal with the consequences of having my car broken into, house broken into, getting mugged, etc. by junkies trying to make a few quid to buy their next hit ...

8. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

I'd rather watch (laugh at) a bunch of smackheads suffering than have to watch the drivel that is Big Brother...

9. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

on the edge.... also north wales, close to rhyl

is barrymore on it:lol:.. sound like a gud un. wonder if yo`ll see them crappin themselves like trainspotting! - o btw whens it on?

10. bula_82 Forum Junkie

I dont know that they get paid, but since when does anyone do anything for free?! [:$][:s]

11. Bear Forum Member

Unfortunetly, the people who make TV have realised that "reality tv" is very cheap to make. Since the advent of "reality tv", the target audience of such reality shows have become desensitised to other peoples misfortune*, hence the need for "shocking" program material.

This is simply a new level of reality tv.

*smack is not a misfortune.

12. madmonkey Forum Addict

Shipwrecked it still ok. :thumbup:

13. GolfD Forum Member

You wont be as 'interesting' to watch as three drug addicts...why would
    they want to film you? (i dont mean that in a horrible way)
    I watched a bit of the programme this morning, i got the impression it
    was showing the viewer the reality of drugs....better or worse than you
    expect it to be...

14. bula_82 Forum Junkie

I watched the first 15 minutes or so and then fell asleep..... did anyone watch it and was it interesting enough to recommend watching the next one (if it weren't a one off???)

15. mothy Forum Member

:lol::lol::lol:

what a great concept for a programme

shame its shat - it could be the best reality tv so far

:lol:

maybe we could have another where you kidnap straight people, jack them up for couple of weeks & then watch them try & get off the stuff :lol::lol:

gr8 tv :clap:

16. b'locks Forum Addict

I had a late dinner last night and turned the tv on whilst I was eating.

Whilst flicking through my eclectic mix of 5 sh** f**king channels I happened upon a programme which prompted me to recall this very thread which I am typing on now. I decided to watch, seeing as the notion of a few smack heads in pain intrigues me.

However, after merely 2, maybe 3 minutes of watching the programme, I became slightly perturbed as I swear that I could actually decipher the faint, rather abhorrent reminents of canine faeces filtering through the surround sound speakers in my living room. I found this to be most unpleasant and it was putting me off my food, making me feel altogether nauseous. Ergo, i switched off the television and ate my meal in silence. [:|]

17. damogti Forum Junkie

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I watched last night and while i was interested in the withdrawal syptoms and effects that it had on the 5 smack heads in question, i actually spent more time wondering why this was being shown on TV [:s]

18. Valleys boy Forum Member

Do you think people should earn the right to appear on TV then? What about the X-Factor, Big Brother? Any talentless t*sser can get on these days! I mean look at Jeff Brazier - WTF has he done?

19. bula_82 Forum Junkie

3 aint there? 2 women and a bloke, well i thought?!

Anyway, I got to the bit where that bloke was chucking up but i thought to my myself, why am i actually watching this, they told load ofpeoples stories while in the background they showing someone injecting - well i hate needles to even look had so had to turn over and not look, and then im listening to some bloke spewing which turned my stomach so in the end i switched it off and went to sleep!

20. cforehead Forum Member

Hey, at least for a short while, he shagged Jade Goodie.[xx(]

Which in turn meant one of the rest of us didn't have to.:clap:

Fordo![:D]