Golf G60

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by tino, Oct 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. tino New Member

Want to sell my Original Golf G60, anyone know how much they are worth roughly?

2. K7aus

K7aus Paid Member Paid Member

Pictures tell a thousand works??

3 door - 5 door - AC model - Recaros - RM's - Colour = all information which may help you get a better price for it

If i was looking for one, which im not (unless its under 2000) heres what i would pay:

Dog rough in need of mechanical and bodywork restoration but complete 500+
    Clean example with high mileage with history 2000+
    Clean example with average mileage 3000-4000
    Mint low mileage 5000+

Some may pay more some may pay less!!

The market is limited to investors in cars or proper enthusiasts so not everyone's cup of tea

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  3. pigbladder Forum Addict

pics and details would help

i think a decent one is getting on for around the 6k mark

4. tino New Member

5. pigbladder Forum Addict

difficult one really....the non standard parts wont appeal to many buyers

6. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

A very good clean OEM G60 can sell for 6500 -7000 upwards. But it needs to be loved and scrubbed. There are around 30+ registered in the UK, making it rare. Shame yours is non-standard - it means you're probabaly looking at a 1/3rd of the going rate.

7. tino New Member

Thanks again for the replies, appreciate it. I know its not fully original, but 1/3 ??

8. pigbladder Forum Addict

just because its been messed with

id try and get a headliner in it , uncut console ,airbox and see if you can sort the minor bits like missing jacking covers and wrong scuttle etc

9. dragonfly

If someone wants a G60 they will pay decent money for one. An original example (or near as) will always command good money. On a rare car - parts missing doesn't bode well. The preception is (rightly or wrongly) the car hasn't been looked after which again affects the price. You can either clean it up, replace the missing parts/non standard bits and enjoy it, sell it on ebay with a realistic starting bid/reserve, sell it on German ebay or ...break it for parts.
    Number of owners, paperwork, history, mileage and when the charger was last serviced will also affect the price.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  10. tino New Member

right now with a new baby, I cant restore it to its glory. just need to sell as is, will let it go cheaper. price as is? had a new charger installed in 2010 which hasn't had much mileage due to car being in a garage for a few years

11. tino New Member

I know what you mean, would hate to break it for parts tho

12. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'd be looking of original seats and possibly wheels you're talking a good chunk of cash to put that back 1500 to 2000 depending on if you put RECARO's in or not
    looks like it needs some body work to fix the filled in badge recess missing sill covers and center console are not a big deal
    a good wash and getting the plastic's black would help when selling

what are the sills and floor like and around the filler if they are good thats a good plus point other places like the bonnet hinges and the lower windscreen

13. K7aus

Sorry to give bad news but non standard wheels and interior and needing replacement parts will only reduce the price of the car.

An enthusiast will want it as original as possible.

14. tino New Member

I would say the car is in pretty good condition considering its age. the main problems other than the original bits is the abs and hand brake light are on, central locking has stopped working. the car will need some tlc of course, but is solid. what would be a good starting price on ebay be?

thanks again to all the replies

15. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

ABS fault is could be expensive to fix

16. pigbladder Forum Addict

a few hundred quid into sorting it would help get more money back

stuff like the wheels and seats might well swap with some original stuff , abs may well be expensive to fix as well

MUSHY 16V likes this.
  17. K7aus

Start @ 1 and put a reserve on.

How much are you wanting for the car?

Not wanting to sound obvious but i bet you could get more by selling the parts alone. There at least 2000 in parts alone if not more dependent on condition and finding the right buyer

18. tino New Member

Right now I can't spare a grand to put the car right so il guess if I can't sell as is for a decent price, il park it up till I can sort it out. Thanks alot for all your replies

19. tino New Member

Maybe I can sell the interior to replace for original, wonder how much them Porsche seats go for now.

20. dragonfly

The ABS issue could be a simple fix or a new ABS pump. If the light for the ABS stays on then it's an electical fault. Check the fuses and relay. Also ensure there is no corrosion on the connectors to the pump and reservoir. If the light flashes then you should find a guide on the web about counting the flashes etc and possible fix. It's an old car so parking it up will cause more problems. A genuine Recaro interior is not cheap either.