Golf G60

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by tino, Oct 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. The ANT Forum Member

There's always more money out there, there aren't that many g60s. If someone would break it just for a few more quid, they would be a stupid idiot, it obviously isn't that bad, just needs tlc, in 15 years time when they've more than tripled in Value, you'll be calling yourself a brain donor for breaking it.
    *******s break good ones, I've always had strong feelings on that.
    The car can't control the tit trying to control it.
    Sorry if my opinion offends anyone but if you are a true enthusiast then your conscience wouldn't let you break a car unless it can't be saved. And thats how it is.

2. pigbladder Forum Addict

they didnt all come with recaros , good chance it just had standard gti seats if the rest of the leather is original

abs is a pain to fix as theres not much info or good spares available

as for breaking it ...thats how it goes the good ones live and the neglected ones die to keep the others going , if it puts more in your pocket then its worked out for you

K7aus likes this.
  3. K7aus

K7aus Paid Member Paid Member

I think you need to ask yourself realistically how much do you need to sell the car and be happy.

If that figure is what someone is will pay all well and good.

If that figure is more than what someone wants to pay, you need to either cut your losses and sell on, or fix all the little niggles to get more money for your car. But fixing little niggle / issues soon costs you time, effort and money, which some people dont have!!(im now 5 years into my restoration of Edition blue)

Its looks like nice little motor but it would need some serious time and effort spending on it to get decent G60 money, and it would still not be near mint edition one money

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  4. tino New Member

thanks again for all the replies. I'm the same when it comes to breaking the car, I cant do that. hopefully I can find the right buyer who will give the car that little bit of tlc it needs. I know the car is only gonna go up in price, so would be a good investment to the right buyer.

abs is flashing, I believe the code to be a rear censor problem.

5. tino New Member

abs code 1222

mileage is 235955km which is quite good for age

6. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

The rear sensor shouldn't be too difficult to replace and fix. One less thing on the list.

7. pigbladder Forum Addict

can check which sensor with a multimeter....just read what each sensors OHM reading is , they should all be roughly the same , if one is a random reading then replace it

connectors are under the back seat

8. Aquablue Forum Member

I agree with what the others have said. The non standard things and things needing to be done will lower the price a fair bit as they put people off and mean that good money needs to be spent on it.

The issues such as the interior, wheels, jacking point covers, GTI side trim badges, engine bay scuttle panel, ABS, headlining, centre console, rear round VW badge recess, can't check MOT history and the body, trims and engine looking pretty much unloved and needing a lot of work to get looking decent all lower the piece a lot. I would guess that it would need a respray to make mint plus sorting all those issues out will cost around 3000+. Some things you could sort easily and cheaply which will help, but some will take a lot of effort and some a fair bit of money, so depends if you want to do that yourself to get more money, or let someone else do them and sell it for cheaper.

This is a link below to an G60 Edition One (obviously more rare and valuable than the normal G60) that sold recently for 6k a couple of weeks back-I wanted it, but missed out as someone else saw it first. It was looks well looked after pretty much original and not messed with (just performance additions to the engine), has a very good and comprehensive history, very shiny paintwork, clean engine bay, nice dark plastic trims in mint condition and no scuffs etc, Recaro interior and other Edition One only items and the Mot history checks out very good-passing first time every time (or nearly and with barely any advisories. The engine has also had some nice performance additions. He mentioned couple of small areas of bubbling up which are the only things that detract from the car, but you could get these areas sorted out and resprayed or even respray the whole car. Then you would have a mint G60 Edition One in show quality all round. That should give you some idea.

http://www.dubforce.net/forums/index.php?/topic/26917-sold/

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  9. tino New Member

thanks everyone for replies, il let you know what happens