Golf gets hit again

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by JettaTDi, Apr 20, 2008.

1. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

I'm now getting sick of this.

I've only had the Golf back on the road 3 - 4 months after it getting hit down the drivers side by a bus.

Today sitting in a local car park minding my own business, when bang, some t&at who has only passed his test 3 months reversed his mothers Ford Focus 3 cars lengths from a car parking space opposite me, straight into the drivers door, which bu**ered the door, and the mirror housing.

He then gets out the car with his ned mate, and says "oh sorry I didnae see ye", how the f*ck can you not see a bright blue Golf.

His mate and him, then come away with the line "oh it's not that bad 50 down at Halfrauds will see that sorted". To say the red mist was coming down was an under-statement.

Thankfully the guy who was parked behind me, is a witness, and backs up my side of things.

I then phoned the police who came out, but in the meantime his mother and father came out and gave me dogs abuse, after finding out my occupation, stating they didn't want it put throught their insurance, coming away with the line that they would pay for to get the damage sorted. No chance on that one, I told then it will be going through their insurance, which they were non to happy about.

All I said to them I wanted it sorted right, not through some back street body shop.

Again I'm pig sick, if it wasn't such a good car I would get rid of it.[:x]

I'll post picks up later

2. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Christ, not again.

I'm confused about the reasons for the call to the police though.

3. Jonny777 Forum Member

FFS thats annoying. Cant believe he got his parents down to sort it out tbh. :lol:

Not all young drivers are like that Dunter.

I aint anyway.

Hope it gets sorted properly again. :thumbup:

4. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

you have got to be the unluckiest guy on here apart from phatty!! [:s]

5. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Just regarding his and his parents attitude, he was trying his hardess to wipe the blue paint off the back of his car, then his parents attitude trying to dismiss it as a mere bump, not.

I will always say, if you are involved in a bump nowadays, get the police involved, that way, there is no way he can back out of it, or try and change the circumstances.

It would amaze you the amount of people out there who are not insured, then when you just swap details, it goes all t*ts up.

6. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

I can see your point with calling the police etc...

I would still have given them the option for you to go to a body shop of your choice and get a quote done. If you know and trust a decent one that is as it would be sorted quicker and you could have got them to do any other bits that needed doing in the quote so you win out of it.....

7. fthaimike Forum Addict

I don't blame you for calling the Police, i would not trust anyone nowadays.

8. cocobay63 Forum Member

ouch, again youve just been totally unlucky i know what you mean tho how could you not see a bright blue golf my car is jazz blue if anybody hits mine and says i didnt see you ill be using that too, how could you not see it..

9. D11BBA

D11BBA Forum Member

Can't see you getting the Police to attend a bump where I live mate, not unless one of them was holding a Shotgun.

10. fthaimike Forum Addict

yeah right......where's that, Northern Ireland?

11. Andy947 Forum Addict

I would always call the police, and i've told the GF that if anythign ever happnes she should do the same.

A police report does a lot to help clear up any disagreement between insurance companies when the other party changes the story!

12. Trev16v

I'll bear that in mind in future then. I can think of an incident a few years back that the wife was involved in where a police report would have been very handy.

But I expect the police aren't always going to have time to come out to a minor bump.

13. Trev16v

14. Mike_H Forum Addict

Worth carrying a disposable camera in the car I reckon, although if your mobile has a decent camera there's no need.

Sorry to hear about the motor. I probably don't know the legal side as well as you, but I'd have thought it's their call as to whether they put it through their insurance. Of course, I'm coming at this from the perspective of someone who would actually pay for the damage. Still have to give you their details though...

15. fthaimike Forum Addict

I knew someone who phoned the police due to a bump on a rounadabout & the woman on the phone said they were to busy & to just pass insurance details between parties....

16. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

At the end of the day, if a person wants to claim on somebody elses insurance, thats up to them, the person who is at fault basically has no say in the final matter.

I knew by talking to them, if I hadn't gone down the route I've went down, the car would have been bodged in some back street garage, where they most likely wouldn't have paid the bill, where as the route went down the car is going into the local VW bodyshop to get properly repaired, also I need a car to get to and from work. How would you like your car repaired if you were in my shoes.

Mike also the police are duty bound to attend an incident, that is reported, never ever get fobbed of by some civi on the end of a phone. I suppose I got a better response from them, because of what I do.

17. fthaimike Forum Addict

Cheers for the reply

18. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

I believe a lot of American insurance companies now insist on their clients using these systems to prove fault in the event of an accident. A very good idea IMO.

19. fthaimike Forum Addict

"If while driving your system records an RTA, you can sell the footage to the insurance company".

I take it that's in the USA?

20. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Just been down to the local VW bodyshop. Spoke to the estimator, he said that it's going to need a new door, and mirror housing.

No doubt had it been put into one of the local back street bodyshops, the door would have just been sorted using a load of filler.