Golf gets hit again

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by JettaTDi, Apr 20, 2008.

1. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Not sure about `selling` it, but in the articles I`ve read, some US insurance companies will only insure you if you have one fitted, and the footage is automatically `theirs`.

2. fthaimike Forum Addict

Yeah they said that in one of those Police Camera Action programs showing the sytem.

3. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Had something similar in the crash I was in last year.
    Yeah his parents came out and all that but 1 month later he still changed his story.
    I video'd the scene on me phone camera straight after the accident, he didn't know about it or he wouldn't have tried to change his story.
    Before he'd stopped bleeding all over the place we'd moved his car outta the road so he thought he could claim we'd pulled out on him when his dad came to take pictures.
    EDIT: always thought about making something similar to that in car accident camera thing.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  4. gti-8v Forum Member

Know how u feel JettiTDI, a few years ago I had three different females crash into my car in 12 months. Crazy scenarios, where the other parties were totally at fault. Infact I was stationary in my car car pushing the horn as a warning before they even hit me!! Mind you I live in Cape Town, and the driving by some drivers here is ridiculous. Almost ended up selling the car at one point......I'd say a camera phone is priceless in most circumstances.

5. Cooper_si Forum Member

In my early NOVA days *cough* i was hit head on by an uninsured driver...police wouldnt come out unless someone was injured. Next time i will blag that i am injured...cuz that other guy could have been drunk or even on drugs...you just dont know these days!

And yep the car was a write off....totally :(

6. Jamie_pyrite Forum Member

I think in your situation that was the right thing to do but if it were a bump in the sainsbury's car park with an innocent lady then I wouldn't go as far as the police. I mean, you didn't know if they were going to suddenly become violent towards you.

7. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Well, guess what. Unfortunately, I've found your advice to be useful today, Jetta.

Wife was rear-ended in her Corrado a few hours ago. Her mint 65,000 mile Corrado that I got her for her birthday last year has now been wrecked exactly one year later - on her birthday. She had to come to a halt on a country road because two w*nkers decide to stop dead and have a chat. Then a Rover comes around the corner, smack into the back of her.

So I called the police for her immediately, which is something I'd not have done had I not read this thread. It was a good thing to do, as the policeman came out quite quickly, and got an ambulance out to check her whiplash (she's in a bit of pain). To our disbelief, a helicopter came as well! But this was done because they always have bad accidents on that road and so they did it just in case, even though the policeman said it was just a minor bit of whiplash. I was stunned.

So yes, we have a police report and medical report now. Two useful things that she wouldn't have had otherwise.

So the moral is, call the police. They may or may not bother to come out. In our case, we got the police, an ambulance, and - maybe due to bad communication on their part - a bloody helicopter...

Trev

8. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

hope the missus is ok :S

9. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

She's very stiff but okay. Sh*t birthday though eh.

10. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Sorry to hear about your wife and the car, hopes she's ok. Ply her with plenty of vino to take away the pain.

Glad my advice, and that of others came in useful.

Take care of her she'll be sore for a while, thereafter claim the living daylights out of them.