Golf GTi Disappointment

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by spadds, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aphex Forum Junkie

C'mon now, you said something silly, it made someone laugh. Learn to take it on the chin, I did with the muffler bearings [:^(] :lol:

Calling someone a **** because of how they look drags the forum down more than a lack of technical knowledge

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

the muffler bearing was good cos we (I) sent you off to find one, but then we (I) chased after you in your newly working car.

so feeling of confusion/dispair immediately followed by a flood of releif that the car was still a working mofo (esp true of me, the guy who always says ABFs cannot die lol)

3. Aphex Forum Junkie

Haha yeah, I didn't even realise it was my car coming at me at first :lol:

I blame it on sunstroke..!

4. bula_82 Forum Junkie

"but i've never heard of a muffler bearing" hahaha

it was an evil but funny moment.

5. Aphex Forum Junkie

I should've twigged really..

I was thinking 'I'm sure americans call their exhausts mufflers..'

6. kells Forum Member

but i never said i was sure thats what had happened with the piston, i dont know much about pistons tbqfh its not something iv had to have exp with until now apart from when i had the foged ones in my jap car,
    when asked again my matt i think it was i replied i dunno!, i must have said this a thousand times now, its not about technical knowledge, i was just saying what i had heard , probably 3rd hand if you get what i mean. i do know the ring is upside down and the stamp on the piston is wrong way up, until i see it i really do not know

Thier is deffo a problem with the piston number 2, upside down or not!, now i didnt expect a twatish reply like what i got. its done with no so balls with it,

now if i had made a reference like a muffler bearing then i would expect a p1ss taking hahaha :) WTF?

and making jokes about how he looks, well its hard not to with a pic like that, infact im sure he can see the funny side of it with a sense oof humour like he has got :)

7. Aphex Forum Junkie

I don't think that's taking it on the chin ;) :lol:

8. kells Forum Member

well its not a matter of taking it on the chin, not when i have said all along im not sure about the situation with the pistons, its not like im insisting its the case but still, lets not drag it on now, you can think what you like, everyone is entitles to think what they like :)

will report back on the situation with the engine and exactly whats happened once i get to find out more myself...

9. Aphex Forum Junkie

Cool, only joking with you, you need to take a step back from these forums and see them as a bit of fun sometimes

10. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Fight! Fight! Fight!

11. stu h Forum Member

I'll get the popcorn.

12. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

You`ve not got this at all have you...

Once again; it is a physical impossibility for the piston to be upside down.

I understand you may not have technical knowlegde, but I (and others) have already told you that what you believe you have been told is wrong.

Now, who is more likely to have made the mistake? A technician or someone who admits to having no engine knowledge?...

Yes, I took the p*ss. Deal with it.

But, you`ll also notice I tried to help by giving you the more likely explanation of what has happened and a route for you to take to try and resolve your issue with VW.

You seem to have missed that point...

And my sense of humour is fine thank you. That is why I posted that particular picture of myself (ie, it`s not very flattering.)

13. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

[:x]

Your apostrophies are always wrong!

It's this key '''''''', the one with @ also on it. Not the one up near the escape key. FFS!

:lol:

14. WillG

WillG Forum Member

the piston on cylinder 2 is attached to the cam. end of.

:lol:

15. kells Forum Member

im starting to wonder if your daft now,:lol: i aint saying its upside down or not, i really dont know, if you say this is not possible then so be it, (as i have already said lots of times ffs)
    i have listened to what you have said (arseyness aside) and i agree it could be the piston is at 180 deg or whatever, its probably the ring thats actually upside down, again i dunno yet till i see it, its not really the issue tho, at the end of the day all i was saying is that their is a problem with the way it was built at the factory, as simple as that. VW dont wanna know so i aint fighting it with them, im just re building the engine with genuine parts

i wouldnt say i have no engine knowledge either, i dont get why you seem to think you kn ow everything?? seriously not taking the **** their as i dont kn ow you?? what knowledge do you have ?? interested to know

and theirs no need to be stuck up your own **** hahaha:lol:

16. Joolz Forum Member

Seems to me like you've a conditioning system going on with your memory[:D]

Isn't it time this was closed [:p] or ot back to topic?

17. kells Forum Member

aye then after i heard different on here i said well i dunno,

and then you say back to topic, jesus, why have you carried it on, see this is just it with certsain people on this forum, all jump on it when something gets said, seen it a few times, its worse than ED38

seriously thinking of leaving the forum and membership

18. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Cease.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.