Golf mk2 1.6 driver

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by IgorCRO, Nov 23, 2019.

1. IgorCRO New Member

everything is working well. last thing which i need to resolve is obd.
    i find connector near the steering wheel.
    this black connector
    [​IMG]
    and then wires go in two directions

[​IMG]

and this is end which go to fusebox
    [​IMG]

rub you mention to me some jumper block how is look like?

erreesse likes this.
  2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

ah ok so no jumper block for yours, just the 2 pin brown plug near fusebox with the grey/white and yellow and your red/white live and brown earth go off and are tapped to the ciggy lighter wiring somewhere. split the loom down and pull out those wires, cut the power and earth where they're tapped in and splice the ends into the mk2 ciggy lighter.

then all you do is plug the brown 2 pin into the engine loom brown 2 pin and you're done :)

3. IgorCRO New Member

thank you is all working now. vagcom is connected there is few basic information but good to scan for errors and delete them.
    [​IMG]

today my engine was runing about hour and one of hydraulic tappet is very noisy. i change them all new. what can cause that?

4. rubjonny

did you leave all the tappets upside down in oil for a good while? if not the affected tappet may be struggling to pump up. possibly an oil blockage in the head, did it look particularly gunked up? a good oil flush can often sort out issues like this

5. IgorCRO New Member

I didn
    I didnt leave them in oil. My fail. How to do oil flush. I buy INA tappets and oil is Castrol 10w40 GTX. I m very statisfied with engine so nice pulling in lower rpm. Only that noise is destroy my happiness [:D]

6. rubjonny

theres various products on the market, you drain a bit of oil then pour in the flush treatment and run the engine up according to the instructions. the only potential issue doing this is it can clear out deposits holding old seals together, the oil cooler on my old GTI started leaking after I flushed it

7. rubjonny

8. IgorCRO New Member

Ok . I have no fest cause my engine was completly renewed and also all new gaskets. Maybe factory problem with new tappets. The noise is Lower today but still there. I use Mann filter Yellow/green box i think.

9. rubjonny

ok if the engine has been fully cleaned out then you wont have any issues with blocked oil channels inside, wasnt sure exactly how far you took the refurb. you may find that over time the noise goes away entirely, since its quieter now fingers crossed

10. IgorCRO New Member

i hope so. and also there was problem before with passat we talked long time ago and i have situtation that car dont start. no spark and there was faulty hall sensor. you was writing that before to me. so i use hall sensor from mk3 1.8 90ps it is same as 2e.
    so car is more stabile and working very well. that is all for now i will continue for some time.
    Rubjonny BIG THANX to you cause you help me a lot and everything working fine :)

11. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

Early on when I first got it, my old 16V started making tappet noises when I would start it - the only thing that worked for me was to use fully synthetic oil and after that it never made that noise again for as long as I had it - I always used VW/Bosch filters when I changed the oil.

Simon Peter Dodgson likes this.
  12. rubjonny

Good stuff, you're very welcome :)

13. IgorCRO New Member

Hi all !!!

Finally that day come after swap is over first trip was today. Im more than happy with all. Big upgrade after 1.6 engine. Also eibach arb kit is nice improvement in every way car is better and response is stronger. Thanx god noisy tappets are totaly silenced and engine runing very nice.
    I need to change radiator because this is from 1,6 and is too small and play with arches cause off wide wheels cause i want to go LOWER.
    There is so much things in next few months like Recaros , brakes upgrade, camshaft, exhaust and so many little things to do.
    Greetings from Croatia

[​IMG] [​IMG]

erreesse likes this.
  14. rubjonny

1.8 8v rad is what you want, use all 3 1.8 hoses to match and if not done so already change the thermostat flange on the waterpump for a mk2 version then the bottom hose is a straight fit. for top hose I find flipping it the opposite way than it was on the 1.8 plus a slight trim makes it fit much better

erreesse likes this.
  15. IgorCRO New Member

Thanx for advice. Can you confirm me can i use mk2 1.8 GT 90HP hoses and radiator cause tommorow i will have that car for parts.
    This engine(2e) have return water hose from head where is coolant sensor and mk2 have from radiator. What is best solution to do about that?

16. rubjonny

yes any mk2 1.8 8v will do carb or gti, they use the same rad and hose set

I kept the mk3 engine hose connections, ran thin hose to tank from the nipple on mk3 front flange and installed a short hose with bolt on the rad to cap off the nipple there. neatest solution IMO :)