GOLF MK2 20VT CONVERSION AUM FUEL PUMP RELAY HELP

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Golf mk9, Oct 16, 2020.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

hmm, see how you go once the exhaust is on. maybe check its the right map sensor theres a 3 and 4 bar one iirc

2. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

Which should it be ?? I have 038906051

3. rubjonny

that one is the standard one, so no issues with that unless its been mapped for a different sensor

4. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

Both ecus had the same problem and first one was std ,2nd one i bought there was remapped

5. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

Or should i say car has same issue with either ecu fitted

6. rubjonny

ok no worries there then, see how it goes once exhaust sorted and make doubly sure no air leaks. pcv system a top suspect for this

7. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

Yeah im going go over it all again today got new divert valve too thank again for your time

8. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

Had another look at wiring ,the brown T6 pin1 , i had 2 black wires in this pin ,wired both into g2/4 , i know last loom i done it was just single black wire

9. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

The inlet manifold air sensor too was bit different with rounded plug every sensor ive ever seen has a square plug , cant see it being any different but just incase im wrong lol

10. rubjonny

sometimes theres 2 feeds from t6 one for ecu other off to ecu relay socket but unused, or whoever made the loom used an ignition feed for something else in the loom its not unusual. be ideal for clutch and brake switches for example

inlet sensors are same rating just different plug depending on age, no worries there. vagcom will show if inlet temp is wrong if you scan measuring blocks you can monitor it in real time make sure its right

11. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

I think ive found the issue , fitted a TT bam inlet manifold and ive not changed the injector cups ,so im hoping that will be causing the 16621 code and hopefully the pedal not working.
    The injector cups are 06B133555E ,seen C D and H but cannot find E , i try TPS today.

12. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

Finally found the issue , i used parts from several cars , the pedal loom from pedal to blue plug had one pin positioned differently swapped it around and all good , just wish i noticed when fitting it would have saved a ton of hassle / stress
    Can anyone confirm if there running the number 18 x crossover relay is it needed?? And clutch pedal switch , my pedal box ( homemade) has hole but isnt notched for the switch i know i can notch it but is it necessary, wiring it up and tucking it up out the way im assuming ECU will just think clutch isnt pressed would this be okay or am i just telling myself that to save filing for 2hrs lol

13. rubjonny

18 relay in fuel socket is only for testing, as it wont cut out if you crash. pop the 167 back in now you've solved the issues see how you go.

often find the revs hang between gears without the clutch switch so I'd get it fitted, I wire in the brake switch while I'm there too as its only a couple extra wires and the mk4 switch pops right in the mk2 hole no problem

14. Golf mk9 Paid Member Paid Member

Yeah i have the fuel pump relay fitted was meaning the 18 load reduction relay, it runs without it but should it be fitted ?
    I have wired the brake switch in and fitted ,the clutch i have wired just not fitted as holes isnt correct , if it wired and compressed surely the ECU just thinks it off and rev wont hang ?

15. rubjonny

oh I see, yes you need that as it powers the wiper motor, blower motor, heated rear screen, horn and a few other bits and bobos :)