Golf mk2 rear drums

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by mk2 nas, Jan 30, 2021.

1. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

Good job :clap: Sometimes it amazes me that they worked at all when you open them up and see the mess, mine were appalling!

2. saladman

saladman Paid Member Paid Member

Bit of a thread revival here - I recently ordered some Bosch shoes while sorting the rear brakes on my 89 GL and found the 'arms' on the shoes to be too big for the metal bracket that goes between them:

2023-06-07 - cgti shoes 01.JPG
    old

2023-06-07 - cgti shoes 02.JPG
    new

Part number of the new (wrong) ones is 986 487 270. I didn't even think to compare shoe size as didn't get that far.

Was in a hurry to get some others so went to the local Euro car parts and they had the same Bosch ones as above - guy there mentioned something about them being 'for 200mm drums' - he had Bosch and Pagid in stock - both had the same wider arms.

I asked him to get some 'for 180mm' for me and will report back if these are the right size.

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

quick google does seem to suggest they're 200mm ones, only for police, post and taxi apparently. you need VW 867609527 -> 867698525X -> 867698520X (prob loads more if you go back far enough :lol:)

4. saladman

saladman Paid Member Paid Member

Aye the mad thing is that places seems to have the 200s in stock - maybe they're trying to get rid of the dead stock of 200s that nobody needs [:^:]

Ta for product codes