GSF?

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by sum1, Nov 28, 2003.

1. sum1

sum1 Forum Member

Anyone bought anything from them? They any good, seem a bit cheap. Thinkin bout buyin a single wiper kit from them for my mk 2 gti only 75.

2. StefanVW Forum Member

they are not bad. For a single wiper kit they should be fine.

There's a few diy sites of how to make your own singe wiper for much less though...

3. sum1

sum1 Forum Member

Anyone got a URL for such a site?

4. S1MMA Forum Member

GSF are a good outfit, bought some brakes/coolant/other stuff from them. Well priced and fast delivery to your local GSF if they havent got stock.

5. daveybwoy Forum Member

Be careful with what you buy! always check it before you leave.........many times been given the wrong part at the GSF in Heathrow. DOn't buy bare wishbones from them they are soooooooo poor!!

6. monza 16v Forum Member

Hmmm, mixed feelings with them actually. I ordered a genuine 90 spec arch and side moulding set from them to replace the tatty early spec ones on my 16v as i was getting a re-spray. The set arrived, i then get a call from the bodyshop saying the rear side moulding were missing. i called gsf, they apologise then send me the 5 door versions ! then they tell me they can't refund me for the mouldings till i post them back, i say f*ck that so they agree to send a courier to pick them up. he never turned up and i only recieved the correct rear mouldings last week. 2 weeks after the car had been re-sprayed!

7. diggerbucket Forum Member

i've bought a few bits and pieces from them, seem pretty good to me. its just a few parts u have to look out for - wishbones as daveybwoy mentioned and also don't bother with G60 top mounts. im sure there's more i can't remember right now

8. StefanVW Forum Member

DIY Wiper

much more out there just do a search.

9. Yorkie Forum Member

I've brought loads of stuff from my local branch. Never had any problems with anything they've sold me to date. And the guys in Reading really know their stuff, very helpful and friendly (which makes a nice change) :clap:

10. sum1

sum1 Forum Member

jus an update ordered some parts from their website (pads & disks & a few clips and bits) turned up 2 days later all there and good quality. Well happy, esp cause i ordered some new disk retainin screws!!after drilling the old ones out! [:x]

11. SkyRocketeer

SkyRocketeer Forum Member

They're pretty good for standard stuff, that ain't an upgrade or a performance part, things like switches, sensors pumps & belts. Generally anything that'll wear out. they carry a variety of stick-on-tat, but not a lot'll fit the rocco, and I don't like sticking on tat anyway. Prices are fairly good, and they'll discount for CGTI members. Service really depends on the staff at the local branch, but Bristol are pretty good.

12. G6DUB Forum Member

We have bought loads of stuff from them over the years.

As Daveybwoy said check the parts before leaving, I have lost count of the amount of times I have been given the wrong part from the Portsmouth Branch.

13. hayesey Forum Junkie

I've bought plenty of bits from them in the past without problems. as people say, not any of the "stick on tat" they sell but stuff like normal service parts etc... they do good discounts for a lot of clubs.

I've got a card from N.W. Polo Owners Club thats good for 10% off anything I buy there for example.

14. Golfvr6 Forum Member

GSF are terrible. I haven't used them for a while now, bad suspension mounts, awful suspension kits(rock hard), cam belt tensioners that whine. The list goes on and on, just go to VW its not worth it!

15. daviddd Forum Member

Not my experience, I find them helpful, knowledgeable, quick and reliable! Glasgow branch is excellent, get 10% discount with Club GTi card and others. Highly recommended.

16. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

The GSF in Belfast is top class, but I could apply all the criticisms in this thread to the ECP in Belfast just across the road! Plus you have to wait for aaaaages to be served in our ECP to get the wrong bit. Must just depend on the individual branch.

17. Golfvr6 Forum Member

Its not the service or knowledge, worry about the quality of the parts.

18. S1MMA Forum Member

but if you buy brand names cheap (which is what I do) then GSF deliver usually cheap prices (brembo discs/pagid pads/etc...) and you don't have to worry about poor quality.

19. smithy Forum Member

Always been good for me. Cant say I have a complaint about any of the bits i've ordered from them.

20. alanbe2 Paid Member Paid Member

Neither me, the local branch are excellent, more so now I get 10% off with me Club GTI card discount [:D]

Al