GVK, Velly and others on Golf+ Cover -pic

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by jjarvis, May 27, 2005.

1. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

Looks like the CGTI forum is fuel for the Golf+ mags future! :lol:

2. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

It's stuff like this I would personally rather see in the mags than just the mega-bucks-bling show cars. IMO. :p

3. Russ_JDUB Forum Member

I totally agree Gary! Golf+ focuses more on daily drivers and IMO is a more knowledgable read what with the 'how to's' and Q&A's, over PVW IMO.

4. chrismc Forum Junkie

Anyone got any spiel on what was written about mine...

Apart from not being quick enough [:$] [:^(]

Top speed? Wondering how it fared in that department? Was 130+ so that'll do for me!

5. PaulM Forum Member

6. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

You did
    132.74mph

7. Unknown Forum Junkie

damn right!

Top score you lot!

8. iguana Forum Member

Oooooohhh whats my top speed- gagging to know, pleeeeeeeze..... :p

9. GVK

Alex, 131.38 (mine 131.28) ;) Download the PDF file in the other thread, wheel wagging pics a plenty [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]
    Edited by: GVK

10. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

Mines down at 127.77 - but i only get 130 on the rev limiter, just ran out of puff.

11. iguana Forum Member

Wayhay so Im actually officially faster top whack than GVK & tubs then! ;)

So how how on earth did that old wheezy slow accelerating wagon of Chrismc beat me by 1 mile an hour then! :p

Tried the other thread download about 3 times now but still hasnt worked yet- darn dial-up I'll keep trying! [:s]

12. iguana Forum Member

Wayhey sorted the download, cheers for that.

So I am " the purveyor of ratlook " ;) the cheeky feckers my car is fecking mint :lol:

Indeedy, built for the 'ring- not for bling

Boomshanka

13. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

Guess VW got the old aerodynamics right, or better, when they designed the mk2. Wouldn't think it though looking at them! Iguana, you've got me thinking along the 1.9 route as i do like the rev happyness of your engine but I dont think it'd be cheap though.

14. GVK

:lol: Good to see a bit of banter on here again by the way, it's been as dead as a can of spam lately [:s]

15. PaulM Forum Member

Yeah my webspace is poo, it doesn't help that about 30 CGTI members are all hitting it at once [:^(] :lol:

16. chrismc Forum Junkie

PMSL!! [:D] I remembered to fire the inhaler into the air horns just before the end of the runway...

If Id done it off the line who knows?? [:$] Im down to 6.12 & 14.8 with my times as of International, so practice does indeed make perfect!! ;)

17. GVK

...........And breaks gearboxes/clutches :lol:[:^(]

18. iguana Forum Member

VW singh we could always put my engine in yours for the next one ;)

Actually I know 1.9s are remowed for being revvy, but since my flowed head its doesnt feel as revvy as before, more mid range torque tho.

GVKs engine with the flowed head & the twin exhaust cams feels a bit more revvy than mine tho & Ians B's- well thats quiet a lot more ;)

19. chrismc Forum Junkie

[:x] Correct...that'll be me another 200 lighter then!!

20. GVK

One guy's car that would've been good to test would be Larry Warner's, I've driven that and it's really revvy, much more so than mine anyway.

2 litre TSR 16v, flowed head, Kent 264/258s? 4 branch, k-star, cracking engine that has put out 191 @ Stealth before.