half life 2

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Steve B, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Neil G40 Forum Member

that guy needs help [:s]

2. b'locks Forum Addict

Think he needs to lay off the gear [:[]

3. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Definitely! What a loser!

Im at the Ravensholm (i think) part of the game. Bit stuck at the moment as i cant figure out where to go. Im on some rooftops but they dont lead anywhere. Theres a window quite far away that looks like it has some items in, but im not sure i can make the jump.

4. thebluebus Forum Junkie

i'm in exactly the same bit....just about to play it again now [:D]

5. pictonroad Forum Member

I'd love to tell you what it's like with my x800xt graphics card but I'm still trying to register the damn thing... [:x]

6. Neil G40 Forum Member

I spent a couple of hours stuck in ravensholme wasting all my ammo and the way out is so obvious. ;)

7. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Yeah, i didnt see those steps round the back of the building leading up to the lever for the sky rail thing. By the way, when you are near the church its poo yourself time when those fast zombies come jumping up the drains. You are warned, stock up on shotgun shells!! [:D]

I played for about 10 hours solid (maybe more yesterday). Im very near the end of the game.

If anyone else has got stuck at the very start of "Our Benefactors" can you please PM me the solution. I either fall to my death or cant figure out a way of getting over the broken bridge! :( It appears like ive got to go to a lower level, but when i do theres nothing there.

8. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Completed it at the weekend! The combine HQ is absolutely gorgeous eyecandy everywhere :)

9. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Got any tips for the bit im stuck on? Right after dog lets you throught the hole in the floor under the city destroying garbage compactor thing!! I jumped to my death more times than i care to remember at 2am last night! [:^(]

10. Steve B Forum Junkie

dont post any spoilers up tho lads any tips just pm people [:D]

i havent been able to play t too much as ive been doing uni work, got to the big brige on the car the other day which looked great i think it crashed as i adrove over it tho lets hope that dosent happen again

lol funniest thing was when i was walking over the underside of the bridge i could see all these rocket shells and was thinking why are there so manny lol

soon found out.

ill get back on it sometime tonight i think i love it so far

the reflections in the water just take the ultimate urine takes maya about half an hour extra to calculate reflections and there being done hardware here and they look real

the only thing i would like are some bigger worlds where there are a number of ways of getting somewhere instead of just one would make it a little more interesting especially if you come to play it again

havent tried out any multiplayer options yet like counterstrike or day of defeat, wouldnt mind the simple team fortress stuff capture the flag and death match etc

might make a few levels for the game also as i made some quality ones fot the first half life

11. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Just completed the game. Wont spoil it for anyone though! [:D]

12. Neil G40 Forum Member

You'll never guess how lucky I was on the bridge section, before going into the bridge I'd parked the buggy on the tracks outside the tunnel, fortunately I'd left it on the left hand side who knows where it would have ended up if I'd left it on the right [:s] [:D]

13. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

I forgot to use my Turbo the first time! ;)

14. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Ive just parked my buggy in that garage and on foot agian now [8(]
    I love using the cross bow and they get stuck to the wall! :lol:

15. Neil G40 Forum Member

Its the first game I've played where you tell it you've got a 5.1 speaker setup and you can hear things moving around you.

16. Steve B Forum Junkie

just parked my buggy also heading to the prison now actually with them feremone things just getting inside last time i played taking me a lot longer than you it looks like but ive had a bit of work to do this week, will probably have a bit more of a play tonight

17. Paradroid Forum Developer Paid Member

18. Steve B Forum Junkie

what is that the entire game on video?

19. pRot3us Forum Junkie

yes