Here she is!

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by octane, Sep 9, 2005.

1. octane Forum Junkie

wish i could [:$]
    all this f**king tension [:$]
    look what not having sex has done, i've bought a f**king vectra :lol:

2. Andy665 Forum Member

It frightens me that someone (as you admit yourself) with limited experience may be entering a corner at 80mph and then flooring it might be coming in the opposite direction to me

I enjoy speed but I enjoy life a whole lot more

Combine a reasonably powerful engine in a car with the same dynamic qualities as a dodgem car and a speed crazed inexperienced driver and you've got a recipe for disaster - I personally don't care if you wipe yourself out but in all likelihood you'll wipe out some poor innocent sod in the process

And before you start spouting, I have invested in some top quality on-road driving tuition (and continue to do so) and only drive remotely close to my limits and the limits of my cars within the confines of a track

3. octane Forum Junkie

no spouting to be done! you do it the way it should be done. unfortunatly i don't knwo of anywhere close to here that will do it.

i also think that there should be a bhp limit at certain ages or yrs of experience of driving, but there isn't.

makes sense you can't pass your bike test and get straight on a 1100 bike fully powered.
    why don't they do that with cars?
    Edited by: Jettas

4. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

i'm starting to wonder whether it's Jettas himself that people have a problem with, or that some people are so blinkered they read the badge and if it's not VW the red mist comes down...

5. octane Forum Junkie

both, mostly me, i give em plenty of reason to though.
    i sit here and give them the bullets, they take them and off they go. :)

6. Andy665 Forum Member

I agree, there should be a graded licence system based not on age but on passing ever more stringtent tests. However, there is plenty of training available, www.Pistonheads.com are offering a top class days training with Robb Gravett for 360 which I have just signed up for.

I have owned many makes of car and my current Corrado's are superb but I also like many other cars from other manufacturers - admittedly the Vectra isn't one of them but thats all down to personal taste - it would be a boring place if we all liked the same thing

7. The Last Supper New Member

i will correct you there, if you passed your car test and aged over 25, you can take a DA test and get on a full powered bike.

8. octane Forum Junkie

i was talking about young drivers. or riders
    and like you say you still have to take another test and at 25 you have alot more sense.

9. thebluebus Forum Junkie

[:s] [:s] [:s] [:s] [:s] [:s]

10. cforehead Forum Member

NEWS JUST IN!

Jettas proves that he has no fecking clue about torque steer in a 'real life car' situation.

Fordo!:lol:

11. GRINGOG60 Forum Member

This thread is completely pointless, someone delete it, can you imagine coming on here for the first time and reading three pages of monkeys slating one another.

Mods delete it [:x]

12. Mark16v Forum Member

I'm gonna stand up for Jettas here I think. I've been in loads of vectra's as I've had them for work a few times, gotta say that the V6 was like driving a totally different car. Its got better styling, (not much extra's just subtle tyhings like vents in the bumper sides etc), handles a lot nicer than say a 1.8 16v and has loads of extra's such as air con for dirt cheap. If he enjoys the car then good luck to him, don't see why you all need to start calling him a cock. Yes the man has spouted sh*te in other threads but he hadn't done anything to deserve all the 'f**k off to another forum' that you guys have been giving. Why don't you all just let the man enjoy his car, you enjoy yours and we can all hold hands :lol:

13. octane Forum Junkie

:thumbup:
    cheers! :)

Had my first problem with the pauxhall today [8D] Hopefully many more to arrise.
    glad to say the electrics of this thing make perfect sense!
    yesterday i was changing a bulb in the ciggerette lighter and shorted something by accident :lol:
    then last night when i was tootling along, i noticed my AC wasn't working [:^(]
    checked it all this morning, and yep, the ac wasn't working cause the ciggy lighter fuse had gone [:[] :lol:

14. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

i'll correct you, it's 21 and you don't need a car license :)

15. jjarvis Forum Junkie

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:
    :lol: :lol:

:lol: [:^(] :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

16. octane Forum Junkie

Alright fair do's
    explain torque steer then?
    is it when you put your foot down and it pulls to the left?
    is it when you put your foot down it fights to pull the steering straight?
    explain to me!! jjarvis the font of all that is great.

17. AndrewF Forum Addict

find a big wide empty road, stop, let go of steering wheel and accelarate hard....does the car go in a staright line, or does it try and drive off the road?! ;)

highly advisable to be ready to catch the wheel (last time i was in a car that tried this we so nearly mounted the pavement....it was a mkIV 20vt with 350bhp mind!)
    Edited by: acf8181

18. octane Forum Junkie

oki dokie, should i do that with tc on or off? :lol: