HIC (insurance)

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by GTI, Dec 11, 2003.

1. GTI

GTI Forum Member

Can't rate these guys highly enough. Have always been plenty cheaper than anyone else and have just come up trumps for me once again.

360 fully comp on a 2.0 16v Mk1. Superb.
    Edited by: GTi.

2. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

3. Admin Guest

wait for the paper work.....

4. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

As in...?
    Small print or amount?

5. Rahul Forum Junkie

he means it takes ages for them to actually get things out to you. took 4 months for my agreed valaution documents to get back to me! and in that time, my car wasnt covered to the agreed value- only until i received the documents!

great service :clap: [xx(]

6. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

Took about two weeks for me from when I phoned to gettig it all squared and that was including the time it took to send cd with pics on to confirm value.

7. AndrewD Forum Member

So does that mean that the "agreed value" policy I bought from them in May is b*ll*cks? No mention was ever made of valuation documents .. the guy on the phone simply said "Yeah, we can do an agreed value of 2500" ... [:s]

8. Tarmac Terror Forum Member

I tried insuring my Car with HIC once. Did get the paperwork, but it ws all wrong - had me down as a postman, and the agreed value wasn't as agreed !! When i tried ringing them I either got cut off or put on hold for ages. So cancelled them and went to Brentacre - these guys have been good for me, no one else can touch them on price. 300 fully comp for a MK1 Turbo Technics, but I am an old fart I suppose which does help! Perhaps HIC have changed since I dealt with them, but I never had any success with them. [:^(]

9. GTI

GTI Forum Member

This is very intresting, especially as I haven't actually given the go ahead.

Thinking back, I have had to get them to change the odd detail here and there, but its never been anything too serious.

Perhaps I will ring around after all ...

10. Wolfie New Member

ive just got insured with direct line 16 a month lol

11. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

That`ll cover the pedal bike then.

12. GTI

GTI Forum Member

lol!

nice sig change VIW 2227 - subtle!

I decided to go with my wallet and took them up on the quote. Actually turned out to be a few quid more as I forgot that I'd moved house. Doh!

Anyhow, I'm perfectly capable of checking the paperwork, as everyone always should. I can't imagine any company gets paperwork completely right all the time, first time. That's why verbal contracts are legally binding.

As for the agreed value, the small print on my last contract says thay you have to have the 'Agreed Value' documents filled in, sent off and approved - so AndrewD, you need to get that sorted out or you'll only get market price if it gets nicked/totalled.

13. scottmk1 Forum Member

is there a website for HIC?

14. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

No website as far as I know.

15. scottmk1 Forum Member

thatl be why i cant find it on a search engine then

16. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

Call HIC on 01279 719932

17. scottmk1 Forum Member

i did call them, but they were 250 dearer than brentacre and Performance direct, so now ive got some cheap qoutes, i think i'll phone them again and see if they can beat it. Only thing is they say the car must have a cat 2 alarm imobiliser fitted, which i dont have.

18. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

It pays to shop around.

19. vdubgirl Forum Member

I've used HIC for 3 years now and so far they are they have caused me the least hassel, and have been the cheapest, in comparisn to the likes of adrian flux, hyperformance and privilage.
    But it does pay to shop around :)

20. Admin Guest

well yeah, i had to claim with them for my GTI last year, was insured for 1800 with the agreed value thing-so in the unfortunate event of having a smash the mk1 would be covered for its market value rather than the 300 they thought is was worth just by looking at the parkers guide-which didn't even have the mk1 in [:x] :clap: [:x]

so after a lot of chasing/work to prove my case i got paid out 1500 for the car-better than nothing but the agreed value thing was a waste of time IMHO.

Other than paper work HIC are also crap by not talking in house to each other, spent a week chasing around for my no claims bonus-which was well and truely mesed up, no department knew about anything [:x] [:s] -though i did get three years out of them [:$] :p