HIC (insurance)

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by GTI, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Andy947 Forum Addict

When i got my insurance with them they didnt send the agreed valuation form - the form which you have to fill in with mods and cost etc etc, so i phoned them up, they sent it, i sent it off with receipts and pictures, and i got a certificate back saying its worth what i wanted.

No hassle, just had to read the documents to see they hadnt sent it.

2. Rahul Forum Junkie

exactly....now i have mine and they sent my pictures and receipts back. Also got a 5k valuation!

3. GTI

GTI Forum Member

This is typical of any company. You shoould ALWAYS write down the name of the person you speak to first and ALWAYS ask to speak to them specifically when you phone up. It makes things so much easier, and it also makes it very difficult for them to blame problems on other people.

4. Golfgirl Forum Member

I've been insured with Brentacre since October and have an agreed value policy but they've not sent me a form to fill in or asked for proof [:?:]

5. Tarmac Terror Forum Member

Golfgirl, you need to chase Brentacre for the forms !! Normally the ask for a form to be completed and at least 5 pictures of the car for an agreed valuation. I think you'll find at the moment you don't have agreed value cover untill you fill in the form and send them back. ;)

6. altern8 Forum Junkie

anyone used them recently :)

7. monza 16v Forum Member

I was with them up until earlier in the year, just try getting through by phone......... [:x]

8. Admin Guest

would not even bother wasting my time with them, not after my experience with them on page one.

9. destructiv dave Forum Member

Renewed with them again this year. Went F/C this time and got a joke renewal offer off of them.

Phoned Adrian Flux who came back with a seriously good offer but was not keen on their agreed value policy, which consisted of me telling them how much the car was worth over the phone with no paperwork backing it up.

Managed to beat my renewal offer down to nearer Fluxs' quote and renewed.

Took the photos of the car and sent off the paperwork (receipts etc.) for the agreed valuation and got the certificate back within 10 working days.

When trying to get through by phone I sometimes had to hold (and continued holding even when the offer to take a number and call back was made). I soon realised giving them your number is the best way of getting through (and cheaper) and on both subsequent occassions they phoned me back within 30 mins.

OK they are not great, but they are cheap!!

10. Admin Guest

you do know that Flux now own HIC

11. Andy947 Forum Addict

HIC were spot on for me this year, good price, good service

Could get through on phone no prob, called you back, even took text message for mileage verification.

Much better than last time :)

12. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

HIC have always been great for claires 8v and never had probs with them on the 16v!

sometimes getting thru on the phone is a bit dodgy and it is annoying they don't have a website of there own tho!

13. altern8 Forum Junkie

14. Funkyfin2000 Forum Addict

NASTY website that :S

15. altern8 Forum Junkie

i tried that call back thing last nite and as it said they called me back within a hour and beat the quote they gave me by 36

[:D]

16. destructiv dave Forum Member

Are you sure about that. I know that quite a few of these insurers are underwritten by Highways Insurance (Flux, HIC, Chris Knott), so you can play them off against each other.