how long do dubmeister take?!

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by Jolfa, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

i ordered some crystal front indicators 20th feb, and my order status is still 'pending'

what are they playing at

how long did your orders take to arrive?

2. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

off you go...

3. Andy_T4 Forum Member

I phoned them just before xmas to order some German plates. The guy I spoke to told me that he'd just had some new rear-plate surrounds in, but hadn't had time to find out what was written on them all. We agreed that I would email him, and he would take photos of the surrounds (something he was planning to do anyway), and email them to me so that I could choose one.

I emailed him the same day, but said not to worry if he was too busy with xmas/New Year - I could wait until after to hear from him.

February comes - heard nothing. Have a look on the website, and find something else I'm interested in. Email them again, referring to the previous conversation/email and saying that it'd be good to hear from them as I'm interested in something else from them.

Still no reply from them to this day. Might give them another call one day, might just not bother and find somewhere professional....

4. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Still everyone has there own minds on these places. Do you lot know how hard it is to run your own business?
    Plus they might be busy, Its tough work! :)

5. Phil

Phil Forum Member

There is no excuse for poor customer service though. If you want the business, nothing will stop you. :)

6. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

My mate ordered some plates 6 weeks ago from Dubmeister, been lost in the post apparently [:^(]

If you want Germanplates... http://www.germanplates.com ;)

7. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

but i dont want german plates... [:s]

8. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Didn't say you did,did I? :lol:

9. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

Top bods! [:D]
    Edited by: Tubthumped

10. faithless

faithless CGTI Regional Host

i ordered plates from them got the same reply last summer took
    them 8 weeks then and they never once let me now what was
    happening
    Edited by: faithless

11. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

sorry to inform you jolfa, you could be waiting some time yet!!
    i ordered my german plates and crystal indicators on the 27th december. i got the plates about 6 weeks later, but am still waiting on my indicators :thumbd:
    emailed him but there are problems with supply, apparently.
    have heard good and bad about Dubmeister. was gonna give them benefit of doubt and order some crystal rear lamps too, but i think i'll get em from somewhere else as it's just getting beyond a joke...
    He's not doing his business any good at all... :thumbd:

12. Black-Mk2-GTI Forum Member

well hae less o that please.
    cheers,
    d
    Edited by: darrynK

13. Scotty Forum Member

I ordered clear rear lights took a week & a bit from dubmeister :lol:

Orderded german plates from germanplates.com took 3 days :p

14. Andy_T4 Forum Member

???

If somebody knows the guy who runs Dubmeister, please could they tell him about this thread so that he can come on and state his case? It doesn't sound like he's a rogue trader or anything, just a victim of his success [:s]

15. coolasacucumber Forum Member

My german plates from dubmeister took about 7-8 days.

considering they come from germany i reckon thats acceptable.

16. The_Dubmeister New Member

Hi all here.
    It's Paul aka Dubmeister...read all this and some is fair comment, some not, and just plain nasty..

You still wanna come and try breaking my legs Mat-mk3? Not a nice thing to write in public..
    I've seen your car around Nailsea btw..

Yes, there have been several big foul ups, and yes I am here to stand up and face the flack...

Dubmeister is a fairly new venture, and some mistakes have been made, and it's caused some stupid
    product deleys. It is something we are working to mimimise, but it's NOT easy.

(I was shot down by FK initially, because their 'dealers' complained over my low prices...this cost me 6,000 to supply all the customers
    from higher priced alternative sources, but I did that to play fair to my customers at the time, it was crippling but what the hey!) I DO care!

Take just for example the front indicators mentioned..made by MTS in Germany...we ordered in for stock, some came, all fine,
    we sold some, ordered more..nothing came..no reply to phone calls, faxes, nothing, nothing, nothing! Finally my German
    partners got them on the phone only to be given a mobile number! This is a friggin manufacturer asking to be called
    on his mobile if he doesnt answer the office phone or fax! Weird!

Then a delivery (yah-hoo!), it's all plain white boxes, all unmarked to the contents, we had to open and look inside every box to see what was in there! No big bumper indicators...not funny. Why we ask? They dont have any...be 10 days..you wait, call them, get told 10 days. And this goes on..always wait 10days. Black n white crystal rears? Told available Nov 2003..do we have any? 'Late March' Er..thats like 5-6 months late...???

Whats next..plates..Want the truth? My supplier does stuff for VW...and apparently said auto maker didnt pay, and they almost went bust and had to trot up to WOB itself to get paid...mean while they were stopped trading due to German law.
    They ran out of 'my' yellow plates and had to wait for VW to pay 'em to get more in..ditto plain white plates, with a blurb in
    PVW our orders went balistic, and we stripped their stocks..and I and all my customers had to wait..then the plate arrived there and it was crap, and rejected, more ordered..more waiting...etc...I'm sure I'm going grey now! It seems to have improved, but I feel we now need to do our own plates here in the UK.

We are at moment awaiting the cost of the machinery to do them our selfs here..then delivery will be all down to us here.

Check our feed back on ebay, THATS real normal customer feed back...the vast majority get their products, in good time, and of course say nothing, the few who have problems are very very vocal, very very loud, but thats normal!

Yes it's f*cking tough running a business at the best of times, never mind dealing with Germany and their remote f*ck ups...
    Some of you are very very quick to chuck dirt, not just at me, but others who have had things go pear shaped from time to time.
    I'll not keep making the same mistakes, we will take note and get the act together better, I do care about customer relations..
    I take it personally actually, and when things go wrong I feel way more angry or annoyed than ANY of you which brngs me to...

Tubthumped..

Just what have I done to you man, for you to have constant digs, over and over at me all the time, you make yourself oh-so-busy winging at me? Whats your gripe man? Your mentors Germanplates.com are no problem to me, ok they copied our yellow rears, then we noticed they offered the old font after we did, so as long as I keep coming up with ideas, I guess they will surely follow...my next idea you'll have to wait and see, but I WONT be copying them! In fact we have our own machinery this summer I will beat anyone on plate delivery and price and we'll have the last laugh. Believe!

The guy about the plate surrounds? I busted my camera, and couldn't photograph them, the value of this stock was minimal, so not busted a gut to go buying a new camera just for that, sorry...
    Any one else want to have a go, see you at the Bristol Show...or pick up a PHONE and call me..

Cheers for letting me have my say.
    Paul

P.S If you keep goin at me tubthumped i'll be challanging you to best out of three at thumbwars!

Edited by: The_Dubmeister

17. scottmk1 Forum Member

sounds fair enough to me. does anyone that complained actually know how to run a bussiness?

18. Scotty Forum Member

Cut the chap some slack, Ive always got my stuff :p

Never had any probs with dubmeister sell some good products ;) Oh & when I purchased clear rear lights for the Vento they were 50 cheaper than everywhere else :p :clap:

19. muppet Forum Member

Got my plates fine.

No probs, will use 'em again.

:thumbup:

20. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

Fair enough that you come on here and explain things,

But i feel i must retort to you asking about my 'digs.'

I admit my quote 'Dubmeister are crap' above is a bit harsh, and i don't usually write thing quite so black and white.

Anyway,

Why do i give negative reports about Dubmeister?

Well, i ordered some German plates (back one is still on the rot-box - pic to prove below) and they took a hell of a long time to come... about 3-4 weeks if i recall... maybe more.
    I also think that compared to the likes of Germanplates.com they are poorly finished, and considerably more expenive.

My plates from Germanplates.com took less than a week to arrive, ordered over xmas and new year period too -- top marks for that.

Customers are not bothered about why things take longer than expected... or if one company copies anothers idea.. or anything else. They just want to know what they are receiving, when they will receive it and be told of any delays why they wont receive it.

It's nothing personal, but if someone asks advice on where to get something on any forum i'm part of i will recomend the company that i was pleased with dealing.. not the one that i was constantly chasing things up from and i wasn't impressed with.

Apologies if this seems unfair! (I'm sure it could be forgotten and all posts retracted if you offered Elite 1000 a nice discount though... ;) )

All the best,
    Craig

[​IMG]
    Edited by: Tubthumped