How much do you normally pay for tyre fitting?

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by PhatVR6, Nov 30, 2008.

1. pipster Forum Member

Sounds like a fair swap!

2. Aphex Forum Junkie

Hahaha a girl was talking to me about her mates car at work the other day and they did exactly the same thing and popped a wee dent in the wing.

It's ok though, turns out it was a saxo.

3. Collie Forum Junkie

drove my car into a local place last summer,EAST BOND ST TYRES Leigh Lancs

had 4 tyres removed from rims, 4 of my tyres fitted to my rims, balanced and valves 40quid, which i though was bad till i read this thread.

took my tyres to the tip, they have a cage for them, cost nothing amd they dispoe of them propperly.

4. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

my local little indipendant charges me 6 a corner to swap tyres if I provide the new ones. that old ones off, desposed of, new valves and balanced how I want (with bash on wieghts due to the calipers being so close) and hes not once marked a rim.

I did nearly buy some tyres off ebay once with "free fitting" but when I called to arrnge the fitting the guy then said balancing was an extra 5 per wheel!!!!!! c**t! told him to swivel and went back to my mate :lol:

5. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

I think the moral of this story is that the majority of mechanics / motor factors are a bunch of thieving , lying, cheating sons of whores - who will scam you if you give them an inch.

Not all, mind you, but the majority - If you can find a good one, stick to them!!

6. ingham Forum Member

i use a branch of ATS and they are great never charge me for tyre swaps, wont take any money, and they let me use the ramps if i need them , i do buy all but toyo tyres from them and send anyone i know to them , as they are very good but not the cheapest, they also insist on removing and checking and rebalance my tyres and tracking before every nurburg trip .
    ive been going for years

7. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

I think it's safe to say I have been well and truly ass raped....

8. altern8 Forum Junkie

you should of just walked in with your pants around your ankles

i think i paid 2 on 2 off but they were ****es
    the place i been using for years 3 fitted and 85p disposal 2 balanced

:thumbup:

9. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

Time to name and shame

Tech Tyres, Osbaldwick Industrial Estate, York.

GREEDY

My mate knows the owner apparently, he's going to have a word.

10. Supercharged Forum Member

Yeah I would - that really takes the **** but they are all at it... local place i used to use alot to me quoted 15 + vat a wheel to remove and then fit a new tyre (inc valve / balance) - I couldn't believe it!!!

I've always paid 20 for 4 of my own tyres to be put on rims, maybe 25 if includes removal / disposal and another fiver if they are on the actual car...

I appreciate overheads and inflation but it seems people are just out to rip you off these days... you know that when the VW dealer actually quotes less for 4 new Rainsport 2's than your local back street tyre place!!! (150 compared to 200 for 195/50/15's!!!)

11. skint_golfer

skint_golfer Forum Member

I used to use a garage in hinckley to fit mine and were cheapish when you bought all-in from them but they refused to fit your own supplied tyres or parts stating "they didnt want to be held responsible in case of an accident"

in case of an accident? 3 months ago the place cought on fire and the welding tanks and compressors blew up! ...no insurance either due to failing the last fire inspection! [8(] [xx(]

now I use STS in banbury and cant fault them, cheap to... especially 5pm ish on a friday when all you have is a crispy 20 on you... ;) :thumbup:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  12. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

best thing to do is find the shift manager who is normally a youngish bloke who doesnt need to worry about targets and the like, and as skintgolfer said flash a crispy 20 infront of him, doubt it will ever make it into the till!