HOWTO: Corrado 1 touch electric windows

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by rubjonny, Aug 7, 2006.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

right! I've just found that with my lights on my drivers window is 1 touch up as well!
    So you defo need to wire the black/blue wire to ign live, and not lights on. This means that the door switch lights will be on all the time though!
    I may modify my loom so the control unit gets ign live and the door switch lights only come on with the lights, if I can be bothered :lol:

2. Steve B Forum Junkie

yeah the one touch up thing confuses me every now and then the one ouch up happens randomly on my car and also sometimes my alarm fob wont trigger the box only every now and then tho

3. dj_singh Forum Member

help

Hi im looking to fit a corrado electric window loom into my golf. I'm getting some leccy motors soon so I just need to clear up what exactly I need to get them going.

-Electrics loom for windows and sunroof later corrado (might do electric sunroof later)
    -Window/sunroof switches from early corrado to fit into door cards.

Im fitting in some Mk2 electric mirrors soon, and my golf came with central locking standard which works with the alarm so could this work with the total closure system?

Any help would be appreciated, I might do a guide with pictures for reference in the future!

4. dj_singh Forum Member

Im going to install the corrado one touch system out of late corrado into my 1.6 golf driver. this has total closure for the sunroof and im using early switches. I've a couple of questions for you.

Will the corrado loom connect to the golf window regulators or are the connectors different.
    Will the corrado sunroof motor work and can I use the same switch.
    Can I use this so called red/yellow wire and connect it to my alarm which currently does remote central locking. The alarm states it can do window closure.

Also one of my electric mirrors are broken, could I use the internals of the corrado mirros to fix my golf ones? I've heard you can use both corrado of passat b3 mirrors (they use the similar looms).

Any help would be appreciated, should be getting the loom tommorow and regulators are in the post.

5. dj_singh Forum Member

Hi I have just accquires a late corrado loom and early switches but have just found out that they wont match up. Does any one have the wiring diagrams for the late corrado loom, and is it possible to use the old switches with this loom as I can't get the pins to match the wires. Please help as now my windows have become redundant.

P.S. the loom I have does the sunroof total closure aswell.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  6. rubjonny

early corrado/passat electric mirror loom, switch and motors are the same as MK2, so yeah you should be able to rebuild a broken mk2 mirror with corrado/passat internals. late corrado/passat has a different design of switch but it may work electrically.

the corrado setup will work with your existing window regulators, the corrado/passat items wont fit anyway

later corrado switches are completly different in design, but the control module is the same so if you chop off and solder early plugs on it should work. I'dimagine the wire colours will match up as well?

total closure should work, i just need to figure out if the red/yelk wire is an earth or live trigger. I have a remote locking kit that can do both though so it shouldnt matter either way

7. dj_singh Forum Member

Ok so I need to find an early corrado and cut the window switch wiring out?
    Do you know if the corrado sunroof motor will fit in the golf?

8. rubjonny

i would take the entire loom out of one and use that instead of the late kit, or swap it with someone. thats what i did with the one i got for the cabby!

not sure if the motor will fit?

9. dj_singh Forum Member

I see hmmm, well I wanted the late one so it could do the sunroof aswell. I might just get the late switches and make the housing up, as i would rather not cut up the wiring.
    I have heard someone used the corrado sunroof motor in a golf, but would have to be sure before I get the stuff.

10. rubjonny

early corrados still have electric sunroofs though, and even if not you should be able to seperate the roof loom from the window loom

11. bordonbert New Member

I have a full wiring diagram for a '93 Corrado if that will help anyone. It's a PDF of just under 500kB so it isn't a small attachment. I can email it to someone if I have an address, or maybe someone can advise me on how to post it here so everyone can get to it. Just not sure of your system.

I actually have the whole series of Mitchell Repair Articles on the Corrado if they are of help. These cover the whole car in sections. May not be so useful for you Golfers but to a Corradite like me without a useful workshop manual they are gold dust.

I have just had my door systems in bits fitting a new alarm so I can confirm this area is a bit of a vague one. The Corrado is a little different to the Golf I think but it should easily be doable with the schematic.

12. bordonbert New Member

For reference, if you feel adventurous go to "http://vw.belcom.ru"

It's a Russian site on VWs and in amongst the links in Russian on the left, you will find the link to "Service Manuals" in English. Have a dig around in there to see what is available. It's like finding Aladdin's cave!

13. dj_singh Forum Member

How about if I get one out of a passat b3 it might be cheaper?
    Hi yeah I think any help would be good I'll pm you my e-mail address. I'll check out that site and see what I can find.
    Thanks for the help guys. :thumbup:

14. dj_singh Forum Member

Oh yeah I've heard that the red yellow wire needs 12v to close. My alarm says it can do the window closure I just dont know how to wire it up as the wiring diagrams I have for it aren't very clear. But you need constant 12V to close the windows if it stops the windows stop. My alarm say to hold down the lock button until windows close.

15. rubjonny

my alarm sends a -ve pulse, so what you do is wire it to a relay to convert to a +ve pulse. my kit came with lots of diagrams so it shouldnt be a problem. iirc mine sends a closure pulse for 30seconds or something

16. dj_singh Forum Member

Sounds like you know your stuff.
    Im hopefully going to get the late switches and sunroof stuff and get it in the golf and see if it works.

17. Steve B Forum Junkie

this is exactly how mine is setup relay takes the -ve pulse converts it to +ve and the windows go up one by one.

the relay is on the timer circuit from the alarm doesn't always close in time with the 4 doors tho and i think its on the longest setting. however i probably need to play with it a little but its been working for a year or two now this way

i did exactly the same thing for my boot pop solenoid which ive had for years and years and years

18. dj_singh Forum Member

Any idea if the corrado sunroof motor will fit in the golf?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  19. Steve B Forum Junkie

none whatsoever tbh ive never found a corrado in a scrapper so never had chance to look.

20. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

my 94 Corrado has one touch for the windows going down but only one touch for 'up' on the drivers side, is this normal or is my thing broken? Also only one window goes down then the other starts so this must be normal.