Hubba hubba!

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by Aphex, Mar 31, 2008.

1. N/B

N/B Forum Member

Mate, it's a Classified ad. How could you not expect comments on the price...?

2. Aphex Forum Junkie

It just get's boring is all.

This is a site for vw-minded people, I couldn't really care what it cost or what else I could buy

3. AndrewF Forum Addict

You don't...other's do ;)

4. Aphex Forum Junkie

Best I don't start any other threads then :lol:

5. AS90 Forum Member

I think its called a discussion :lol:

6. Aphex Forum Junkie

I guess I was hoping for a discussion about the car and not the price.

7. AndrewF Forum Addict

Should have just posted the pics then ;):lol:

8. Aphex Forum Junkie

:lol: far too sensible!

9. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Thats one difference between me and you.

10. N/B

N/B Forum Member

Oh for god's sake. Certain members of this forum have a serious attack of PMT at the moment. It's a discussion, you cretin.
    Ergo, you say something online in the public domain and another member of the public exercises their right to disagree with you.
    As I said, that's true enthusiasm - it's what old cars are all about. Most of us know that we won't get back the time or money we put into our cars, we do it out of ENTHUSIASM.
    However, what I was saying in my post is that quite frankly, for that type of car in that modified state, it is simply overpriced.
    And yes, I'd honestly have an HF Integrale over ANY Volkswagen.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  11. D11BBA

D11BBA Forum Member

It's pretty obvious as a non VW enthusiast that you will pick the Integrale, thats your choice Matey. I gave more than 5K for my Edition 1 and couldn't be happier with my purchase, but then I'm a VW enthusiast and biased.

12. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

All i'm saying is I like golfs, you like the HF, each to their own. Thats me excercising my right to disagree with you.

First foolish and now a cretin. Thanks.[:v:]

13. N/B

N/B Forum Member

I'm a car enthusiast.
    I don't pledge allegiance to any particular marque, currently drive a Mercedes but probably know as much about Porsches & Ferraris as I do Mercs, despite being years away from owning either. My next car could be an Alfa, Golf or BMW.
    I suppose I'm just a bit of a realist when it comes to used car prices, as there are a lot of 'enthusiast' cars changing hands at the moment.
    Glad you like your Edition 1.

1990 - If I didn't like Golfs, I wouldn't be on here. The prospect of my next car being a Mk2 GTI is still a very strong possibility ;)

14. golfpaul Forum Member

I think its fookin lovely! [:D]

15. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

[8D]

I'd happily spend 7.5k on a Mk2 Golf, but I'd want to be able to use it properly for that price, rather than just stting there looking pretty.

16. D11BBA

D11BBA Forum Member

Totally agree, however nice it is you must use it.

17. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

how much do good condition edition 1's go for generally? I would say between 3-5k??

would rather have a standard one any day and spend the money on it myself....

18. VR666M Forum Member

Of those two cars, I wold by the Integrale. REALLY dont like the rear wheels on the golf.

Though I would quite happily spend more over 10k on a mk 2:lol: But only on a certain Limited few;)