I am giving up!

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by Dave, Sep 4, 2013.

1. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

aya aye dave glad your ok

2. Dave, I think your next stop should be "The Galway Hooker"... the boozer attached onto Heuston Station :idea::idea:lol

3. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

Not dead then? Excellent news!

Now if only you'd spelt "apostrophe" correctly then you'd have held significant moral high ground over those who name pubs.

It could of course have been a statement referencing scholars (plural) being at a state of rest, rather than being a label to indicate the resting place of the scholars.

StuMc likes this.
  4. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Good to hear from you Dave! :thumbup:

5. Collie Forum Junkie

KEEP FIGHTING Daved, my mom has been through the mill now 4 times. And she makes it look easy, which i know its not.

Big love to you and your family.

6. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Great to know you are doing well, Dave.

I've "thanked" Dex for his post, because if he hadn't brought up your apostrophe error, you know I would have... :p ;) lol

7. Dave

Dave *Very Smart* Pedantic Old Fart Paid Member

Thank you all for your kind words.
    Special thanks to Rob and Andrew for their e-mails.
    Extra special thanks to Dex and StuMac for checking my speeling.
    I am always willing to admit I that can't be ar5ed to worry about about such mundane things as spelling. Life's too short, spell checkers are too slow, and, my brain is so full of technical rubbish that I can't afford to waste space remembering non-technical details.
    As to the Rest. As the word Rest has a capital letter I assumed it is being used as a noun not a verb.
    I am a Connolly Station man myself and my favourite Dub pub is on the corner between the Station and the bus depot. It is also a Galway Breweries pub. There are 23 different keg ales, beers and largers plus to hand pull real cask ales. Can't remember it's name at the moment, but it should be called 'The Scholarly Engineer's Rest' in tribute to me. If 'The Galway Hooker' pub is connected to the Roscommon brewery that brews 'Galway Hooker' beer it's no good to me as I don't like their beer.

My recent posts are not a sign that I am 100% back in the swing. I feel quite washed out, and 75% crap, most of the time right now. I was working on the house extension until the op. but can't find the energy to lift plaster boards onto the ceiling or walls at the moment so I did a bit of light, fun, work on the VWMS air filter box and twin pump manifolds. Hence those posts. I'd like to finish the pump set-up to so I'd appreciate help on my wanted ad for pump electrical connections.

Thanks once again folks it's really nice to know that nice people like yourselves are all still on CGTI.

8. Dave

Dave *Very Smart* Pedantic Old Fart Paid Member

Me loverly people.

I am giving up for sure this time around.

My wife hit the nail on the head when she said:

"Lovely, you really need to get the 'Basic' Golf back on the road, cos we both love to drive it, and then put the 90 20V Q back on the road cos it's the best car we have ever owned!"

She also said:

"Your days of rallying are well behind you."

So I listened to the woman I have loved since the first day we met at Sheffield and Hallamshire Motor Club back in 1968.
    Thus I decided to stop being a "Silly Old Fart" which is what my niece has taught my great-niece to call me.
    Which I love.

So. I shall be selling all of my VWMS stuff on here, or ebay with links.

Regards,
    Always,
    Dave.

Trackslag likes this.
  9. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Don't worry Dave it's the end of a chapter for you :(
    You're just starting a new simpler book , a bit of easy reading compared to the encyclopaedia of VWMS you're just coming down to our average standard of bodging :thumbup:

Mike

Dave likes this.
  10. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

use what you can on the basic golf no harm in having the odd mod that makes it that little bit better

the rest sell for funds :thumbup:

ps you can still stick about here basic golfs are just as intresting ;)

Dave likes this.
  11. jamesa Forum Junkie

Dave,

As the guys ^ ^ have said, you`re not giving up ... merely executing a handbrake turn due to a slight overshoot, a good call by the co-driver ;)

Please amend the pace notes / map (thread title) accordingly ...

Dave, Sirguydo, mat-mk3 and 1 other person like this.
  12. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

That's nothing but a change of plan Dave, Nothing to worry about!

Dave likes this.
  13. A good companion is always helpful, keep the spirits up! Shame to see it all go but I know how you feel, have to rationalise things sometimes and onwards and upwards to the next project!

Dave likes this.