I hate German plates (police content) GRRR UPDATE

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by voteforpedro, Sep 24, 2007.

1. voteforpedro Forum Member

So, at 11:30PM on Saturday night, I was on my last Dominos delivery, excited about being able to get home at a decent time. There's a police car just ahead and I was a few cars behind in the other lane.

Now I don't normally fear police cars - I've had my German plates on for about 6 months. I do a lot of mileage. I visit many places. My car has been to the Midlands, around South Wales, up through Mid Wales to North Wales - as far as bloody Durham!!! I've met a lot of police on the roads in this time and never been stopped.

But there was something about the way it slowed down, waited for me to overtake it and then drifted behind me that made me panic. Mostly because I remembered that one of my brake lights had gone. [:$]

So we pull off when the light turns green and it starts flashing its lights and flashes me.

You can guess the rest. He didn't mention the font - just that I couldn't have a D on there. I'm going to get some new ones now and I'll probably get standard font. :(

So he gave me a producer which I haven't had before. The annoying thing for me is that, as I was in my Dominos uniform, he wants to see proof of business insurance. [:x]

I am insured through the company (I pay 8 a week for third party business insurance) but I have to try and get some adequate proof from Dominos - which might be difficult since I don't even have a copy of the agreement I signed.

*******s. :thumbd:

2. muppet9966 Forum Member

I thought you can have the D, providing the font of the reg is correct [:s] [:s]

3. Admin Guest

You CAN have the D.

The display regs dont state WHICH member state you have to display.

Mind, always carry your UK plates with you, problem solved.

4. voteforpedro Forum Member

I'm going to get flamed for starting this debate. [:D]

I guess there's no way for me to argue this now except in a court room. :(

5. red 8V Forum Member

did you hit the brakes? or carry on at the same speed?

Red

6. Aphex Forum Junkie

At least you didn't get fined. A small grace!

7. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

D. Part of the EU isn't it? Bloody police.
    Sod off and catch some murderers!
    Break into a house/mug a granny and get a slap on the wrist.
    Put some different plates on your car and get a fine, because we're an easy target for such a pathetic law.
    You never see adverts telling criminals what they'll get if they're caught, only bloody motorists if you don't pay road tax etc.
    Our country is bloody useless!

Come on over immigrants...............come and take us for everything!

8. voteforpedro Forum Member

Tell me about it. This was at midnight on a Saturday night in CARDIFF - a time and place where probably more booze-related crime takes place than flippin' East London. [:p] I felt like saying, "don't you have any real criminals to catch?" [:x]

9. voteforpedro Forum Member

At least he didn't catch me at 6PM when I started my shift, after that pint I had just 30 minutes prior. [:p]

10. voteforpedro Forum Member

Well I had my handbrake on when we were waiting. But about 30 yards on, the car in front slowed down so I had to brake. Chances are, if I hadn't braked, he wouldn't have pulled me.

11. golfgtd Forum Member

Ive had german plates on my golf for over a year now. Ive been to brighton, chester, manchester, crewe, peterborough, stamford. Ive been on alsorts of roads and past loads of police cars and ive even pulled over when they need to get past. Ive never been pulled over, and ive never been approached by them.

You are allowed to have D in the number plate. He was just causing trouble. Ive actually painted the gaps in letters on my number plates so they look nearly like official font

12. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

i dont inderstand why folk just dont keep the british plates in the back of car and swap em over if they get pulled. police are usually more than happy with that.

13. Admin Guest

thats what I do, and it does work and they are happy.

14. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

:clap: Hotgolf for pm.

15. voteforpedro Forum Member

Don't have normal plates - I had to snap them off the car because the bolts were rusted on. :(

What if the same copper catches you twice?

16. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

if such a thing were to happen in cardiff they beat you nearly to death with the plate to teach you a lesson.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  17. voteforpedro Forum Member

I've seen plates with an almost standard font but with slightly smaller text - looks a bit different. :)

Where can I buy them?

18. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

i do, got fined on friday regardless.

19. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

You got fined for having dreadlocks and being white, the numberplates thing was just an excuse.;) :p

20. Golf Nut Pete

Golf Nut Pete Forum Member

if its illegal to have a car with plates on that say its german then why do i see loads of polish cars driving round my area and they do not get pulled.