I have an idea

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by Gaz37, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

In light of all the recent posts regarding the illegality of German plates & people's bizarre obsession with trying to make right hand drive cars look more German perhaps we should all fit headlights from left hand drive cars.

During the summer months we would have nearly eighteen hours a day to drive around with our uber scene German headlights fitted & PC plod wouldn't even know about them.

If we were stopped by the law at night we could carry UK headlights in the boot & say we were coming back from a show.

Is this a great idea or what?:thumbup:

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

I'm in.

GB on LHD headlights anyone?

3. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Could you not turn the MK1 & MK2 lights upside down to point the right way?

4. pigbladder Forum Addict

how about them kiddies fake steering wheels , you could get the mrs to cruch down and drive while you sit on the left making pretend its you driving

ftw

5. lufbramatt Forum Member

i drove around for 3 days with my hellas set for LHD, didnt realise the markings on the adjusters are back to front. guy that had them before me (who lives in the UK) mustve been driving around like it for years! how scene was he!

might go and change them back, tis free after all, although i guess i'd have to send a cheque to the scene tax office after i swap them? anyone know the going rate?

6. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i think youre on to something

DDM (deutsche domestic market) headlights

DDM handles, DDM window winders

the lamers would be queing to blow money on those

7. lufbramatt Forum Member

o and dont forget german wing mirrors are angled differently. would be good for checking out honeyz in the car next to you on dual carriageways.

unusable wing mirrors ftw

o and windscreen wipers . . .

on a side note, i like the way that on higher models, VW just used LHD drivers spec stuff on the passenger side of RHD cars as a cheap way to add toys- in my passat i have a LHD drivers seat in the front passenger position thats height+ lumbar support adjustable, and my drivers sunvisor is a LHD passenger visor with a mirror and a vanity light in.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  8. Admin Guest

have you been smoking the same crazy stuff as 1990?

9. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

I've just realised that as my 1986 Golf has LHD wipers I must be uber scene.

Ich bin eine Deutchlander nicht war?

10. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

I can't be bothered with trivial bolt-on tat like headlamps and number plates.

I achieve the proper authentic German scene look by simply driving on the right-hand side of the road. :thumbup:

On a more serious note - I can't understand why people would convert a Rallye or whatever to RHD. I love the fact that my G60 is LHD.

11. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

Im uber scene rolling with LHD wipers, RHD wipers are for gheys who just aint in the scene...init

12. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

I removed the tread from my tyres to make them more "scene". Its an evolution of the razor blade to take the lettering off.

Shaved tyres FTW!!

13. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

And of course as long as you explained to the Police that you were on your way home from a show you would expect them to let you off:lol:

14. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

tres bien

15. lufbramatt Forum Member

i actually know someone in canada who is converting his VR6 turbo passat B3 to RHD, cos over there RHD is way more "scene" than LHD!

we sent a whole UK spec dashboard, loads of trim and a steering rack out to him! cost a fortune!

16. paulyDMX Forum Member

I've slicked my hair over to one side, grown a scene tash and am goose stepping almost every where.

Have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Is the wrong end of the stick actually the right end on the continent?

Can I put the stick on my dash board?

17. pigbladder Forum Addict

ive taken a dislike to gipsys ...does that count[:$]

18. I'm invading Poland as I type this, gassing Jews along the way.
    And my tank has a wicker suitcase on top, and a "76" ball on the radio aeriel. You think you lot are "scene"?
    Half-assed faggots.

19. pigbladder Forum Addict

has the tank got a bare metal bonnet ?

20. Dougie Paid Member Paid Member

Confusion over lhd/rhd with headlamps

LHD (for left hand dip) is right/correct for the u.k. I was locked out of gsf forum for pointing that out, and that fitting RHD headlamps would result in an MoT failure and possibly a ticket from the bizzies.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009