Ibiza Cupra R Master Cylinder Reservoir - Part Number?

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Classy6, Feb 22, 2012.

1. beeftech Forum Member

2. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

That's the one. The one I have is a second hand Bosch one.

3. rslrallye Forum Member

Has a one done this on a mk3.5 cab as I can only get fluid out of the 2nd hole furthest away from the servo ???
    It's a 2nd hand one so I don't know if it was any good
    I drilled out 3 mm

4. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Just adding to this. I've done this to my scirocco and found it was more than 3mm. I took the pin out of the servo and filed it down.
    [​IMG]

I also had to drill the master cylinder as it still pushed the piston in otherwise.

5. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

If you needed more, your linkage set up is out if you have fitted a mk2 servo to your car and changed over the fitting
    On the rear of the servo you need to check that length against the oe set up and set the same.

6. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

That was done before fitting. Mk2 one was cut down to match original.

7. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

must just be an odd master cylinder then any I have done spud mod covers it handy.

8. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Well it was from a focus. ;)

Edit: double checked earlier on. There's definitely no adjustment in it.
    Unless people are using the 3mm and then allowing the M/C piston to be pushed on the last few mm. Meaning the pressure is slightly on.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  9. James827 New Member

These are now on eBay 2 and 4 port versions being sold modified for a mk2 for 30 each.. I've been told that the 4 port version has two ports that fit the 11mm standard unions, are they in the right place? Or will I have to modify pipes?

10. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

4 port has m10 on the right and m12 on the left when looking in the bay.

11. James827 New Member

So with the side that goes In to the servo facing away from you like it does looking In from the car it's right? Hmm that means my unions are too small on that side

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  12. RichUK Paid Member Paid Member

Hi All,

I recently purchased a Mk2 Golf GTI with this modification part-way completed. I need a brake fluid reservoir though, and from what I've seen most people seem to use the 358 611 307 (not the A, it does have a hydraulic clutch). Struggling to find availability of this part though, does anyone have one for sale?

Alternatively, does anyone know if either the 358 611 301 or 3A2 611 301 bottles fit beside the servo?

Regards,
    Rich.

13. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

has it had the tower between the 2 ports ground off? if so a mk2 g60, corrado or mk3 bottle will do. if you look about i9n the scrappy you may find what you need even on poverty spec ones as often they often have the hydro clutch take off its just blanked off at the end. snip that and away you go!

14. RichUK Paid Member Paid Member

Not sure if the tower has been lopped off yet, but it'll be coming off if it's still there. Do you think a scrappy would still have cars from the early/mid 90s? Was expecting that they'd have binned them long ago...

15. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

cant say with your local, but mine is full of mk3s!

16. wtdvwg40 Forum Member

Hi I'm desperate to get my hands on one of these master 23.8mm cylinders (2 hole type). GSF and euro car parts show a completely different type of MC for the Seat Ibiza 2000 1.8t?? I've found the Ford Focus (4 hole) one on the euro car parts website but my mk2 is a 2 hole. Don't really want to blank the remaining 2 holes off if I can find the correct MC off the Seat.
    Cash waiting if anyone has one, ideally would like a new one that I can modify myself. Cheers ????????