Injector seats on a KR

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by milesmk2, Sep 10, 2011.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

hmm. i think the issue is elsewhere here, does the car even run?

edit: how exactly are you testing for 12v?

2. milesmk2 Forum Member

It did run untill friday when it started playing up. I thought this was a vac leak, but i got it running and running smooth when warm with the CO at 2% but then when it had cooled down it would not start.

I dont think its a vac leak that caused the problem. Cos it ran absolutley spot on untill friday. My battery is flat now so cant do anything till tomorrow.

3. milesmk2 Forum Member

Right, I've got a nice full battery now, everything is connected and on the isv control box I'm getting 5 volts to the black, 5 volts to the red/black and nothing from the earth.

4. Ade244 New Member

Mine were cracked and caused a leak, I'm certain that helped the old KR blow the head gasket.
    When rebuilding I noticed the cracks on the tubes so changed them. You have an O ring seal on the injector end cap that fits inside the tube plus another on the top that mates to the brass insert. Your losing one seal so putting all your faith on the top one. Not good IMO unless your desperate for a short term fix.

5. milesmk2 Forum Member

Right ok i'll order some more inserts now.

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

5 volts? thats way too low! you should be seeing 12v at the black wire. maybe the ignition switch has packed up?

7. milesmk2 Forum Member

Tired it again and it is 12v.