Kumho tyres

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by PzKpfw II, Oct 12, 2005.

1. AndrewF Forum Addict

obsolutely....their 'rallye' model is also awesome in wet.

2. bobski Forum Member

personaly i like goodyear eagles....great in the dry and fantastic in the rain......[:D]

3. Aquablue Forum Member

So what tyre would you guys recommend for my '91 16V that is reasonably priced, is good in the wet and wears well? I don't go thrashing around, so am not so bothered about the grip in the dry, but as I do a lot of miles it does need to wear well! Got 185/55/15 on the car at the mo, but could go to 195/50/15. Is there any advantages of one over the other?
    Edited by: Aquablue

4. AndrewF Forum Addict

well, my g/f's polo has been wearing the same set of uniroyal rallye540's for 25k now, and theres plenty left (and i've driven the car a lot!)

5. Stormin Forum Member

Toyo proxes are cheap look good perform well. wet grip is almost as good as dry at least it was on my mk2 gti .
    They don't wear to badly either

6. AndrewF Forum Addict

i heard toyo's weren't that good in wet....i've only tried them in dry (on front of mr2, mates wheels, and they were not really any different to the cheapo cr*p thats on there already [:s] - sure they'd be better than these in wet tho)

7. Dubya Forum Junkie

I am running F1 GSD3s at the moment, and they are fantastic, both wet and dry.

They seem to be wearing fairly quickly, but that is the price you pay for having grip.

8. Sciroccotune Forum Member

i have had both 712's and toyo 1s and bot are fantastic in the wet. toyos a bit better. have also used yoko 309 and 512's which really wernt safe in the wet!

9. outlandish5 Forum Member

Yeah Yoko's are more of a dry tyre.

10. DarkMK2 Forum Member

Yup! cant argue with that... Toyo Proxes are supurb value for money!!!:thumbup:more then enough grip in the dry... never once come even close to loosing it, thats chucking it round tight round-a-bouts at 50ish!:lol:

Wet grip is also plentifull... and always v.predictable when things get a little hairy!