Low(ish) Entry Trolley Jacks

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment & Fasteners' started by Mike_H, May 22, 2008.

1. skint_golfer

skint_golfer Forum Member

I've got the one from your last link on your original post: "Trolley Jack Premier 3ton Super Rocket Lift Sealey 3003CXQ"

works well with a very good lift height but you might be driving up on a plank as it wont go ultra low. cost about 85quid with free stands from gsf.

I'd definately buy another if this ever gave up the ghost or got pinched.

2. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

is the 20 one from halfords I have cr*p then?? [:$] :lol:

3. b3estateagent Forum Member

I have one of them, like a **** i paid cash and lost the receipt. The 3rd time I ever used it one of the jockey wheels fell of due the bearings falling out and at this point I toke it back but without a receipt they would not change it. Since then the piston often refuse's to spring back so I have to force it, also the rubber seat has fallen apart. Basically you get what you pay for I would not recommend the Clarke jack except it's just lower enough to get under my car

4. Admin Guest

liking the look of this,

item number on ebay

as my std jack has given up today

5. altern8 Forum Junkie

that looks far from low the front wheelslook higher then my jack

6. Admin Guest

think i was looking at the wrong one there, found a few others, mainly clarke models.

7. Mike_H Forum Addict

I bought an Arcan alloy one from ebay in the end, as Costco don't seem to do them any more.

It seems ok so far, although I haven't used it much. It lifts the car quicker and higher than my old jack. It takes a fair heave on the handle once the load is on. I like the low entry, and rubber pad on the saddle. The body of the jack is a bit on the big side, and because the body is higher than the saddle, it sometimes fouls on the car before the jack is quite where I'd like it.

Mostly good so far though. Nothings fallen off of it yet.

8. Admin Guest

got this in the end, under 60 from ebay.

so far so good, working in a tight garage so can't use the full handle to help lift the car.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. stuey Forum Member

Check and threadlock the hex head bolts if you can, i found a few of mine had come loose after a while. You dont want it falling apart in action!

10. andyj Forum Member

Does anyone know if Costco are still selling the Arcan trolley jack?

Popped into the Derby branch last night, but couldn't see any.

They did have the Arcan creeper/stool though for 22 as a package.

11. KeithMac Forum Junkie

I bought the same one as Jon P at Argos a few years ago, never complained when jacking 2 tons of GTO up. Never had any bother with it and I`ll be using it again tomorrow.

12. skint_golfer

skint_golfer Forum Member

when I went to the costco in milton keynes last month they had some. looked like the Arcan jacks but I didn't take to much notice as I wasn't after one myself.

got a black sealey 3ton rocket lift myself, bit heavy but works a treat and will lift the car to knee height with no bother and thats before you even start propping the saddle up with wood for that little extra ;) :lol:

13. Admin Guest

took a year and a bit for them to come a little loose.

Main problem I have with mine, is that i leant it to my brother:lol: he managed to make the part in the pole extension fall out and has lost the part. so i'm down to just the first part of the handle...[8(]

need to find a bodge or a similar handle to extend the length so it can be used again.

14. Mk2Selver New Member

Looking at getting one of these for myself but interested to know how/if it has lasted.

15. turbotommy Forum Member

I've had one for a few years now,its lasted very well and i would (want) to buy another :-)

16. Mk2Selver New Member

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  17. turbotommy Forum Member

Yes,they are the ones from COSTCO only more expensive (108.00)
    I paid about 75.00 a few years ago,so approx 80.00 ish now with the VAT.

18. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

I paid around 90 (incl. VAT) for an Arcan one from Costco knocking on for three years ago now. (I guess the slightly higher price of the eBay one covers the `free` postage...)

The jack has seen plenty of action and has been utterly faultless (Ok...one of the carrying handles came loose after a year or so, but has been fine since).

Highly recommended IMO. :thumbup:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  19. Willber Forum Member

I've got an Arcan one also from Costco - but the f*cking super heavyweight red one! Can still hoik it in and out of the boot of Passat when I need to though.

20. Mk2Selver New Member

Thanks for the recommendations, think I will be investing in one of these shortly, more than likely from ebay as I have never seen one of these COSTCO places down in west wales!