manifold for 2l tall block conversion??

Discussion in '8-valve' started by darrren, Jan 23, 2011.

1. darrren Forum Member

hmmm i was just going to use the powersteering pump etc that was on the digifant engine to save confusion?

2. luacgt1

luacgt1 Forum Member

using the dyno at work we have found the fueling on this type of conversion with digi to be very erratic so a good setup/remap if possible will be needed afterwards.
    Recently completed a similar conversion in a scirocco on k-jet got written off before it got to the dyno though.

3. darrren Forum Member

erratic?? isit worth doing then?? and what do you mean exactly,not good with emissions on m.o.t time?

4. darrren Forum Member

the car will still be ok on emissions etc with this conversion wont it??i still wana be able to use it on the roads lol. im picking an agg block up this weekend. im still trying to work out all the other bits i need though. as far as alternator,power steering and that sort of thing is concerned can i use the mk2 8v stuff??

5. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

yes mate, emission shouldnt be a problem,

my AGG uses a wrapped raceland manifold, i didnt and havent reshaped anything, and it doesnt know either!

yes all the mk2 bit fit. have a look at my thread. the engine to look at, looks almost standard.

6. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

All that farting about with my breather and you could of done that the whole time! You bugger!

7. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

I dont have any of the plastic fittings in stock to do it again!

dont worry about tuning/emmissions, it'll run just fine. it wont be perfect, but then digifant never is! you can fiddle with the fueling using a chip but thats about it. mine ran perfectly fine the whole time i used it, though if you wanted to go a bit more mental with the setup then you'll want to look at it in more detail. read thru toyotecs thread on it, in the end he gave up with the crappy digifant and used megasquirt instead. it boils down to basically dont bother throwing time and money at it, it'll still be rubbish!

you can swap all the mk2 bits over if you like, but the mk3 stuff is way better. its newer, easier to find, lighter and is a much better design overall. compare the number of bolts you have to undo to tension the mk2 setup, to the mk3 setup ;)

mk2 pipes will screw right into the mk3 pump :)

8. darrren Forum Member

you say dont throw time and money into it which is exactly what i got planned and teh rteason i bought the car,why do you suggest not too?

9. darrren Forum Member

and so my list so far is
    agg block
    2E dizzy,
    8v gti head
    MK3 rocker cover (can i use this)
    Mk 3 alternator (bolts straight on)
    mk3 water pump
    what else??