Megasquirt Calibration - Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Mike_H, Jul 16, 2010.

1. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

There are only two vaccuum outlets at the back towards the windscreen which are on valve that is used for braking.I tried there as well with no luck..

2. bens_cab Forum Junkie

you should have an oulet somewhere on the tb or inlet

it sounds more like a confiuration error rather than a hardware error go back and check all the configuration settings and go from there

the gauge should read 100 ish with ignition on then 20 to 40 on idle mine reads 28 to 30 sometimes lol

3. danster Forum Addict

I would reckon you need to take the map signal from the engine side of the throttle body or inlet manifold myself. :thumbup:

4. bens_cab Forum Junkie

as danster said all mine run from under the inlet not sure how it would effect it on the airfilter side what engine is it

5. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

I'll go and check now if there is any outlet on the inlet and check my settings and come back

6. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

I'll go and have a look and keep you posted danster

Thanks both of you for your inputs

7. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

It's a kr which was running previously k-jet and has 50mm inlet manifold mate

8. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

@ Ben and Danster

Thanks for your help mates.I used the oil breathers vaccuum under the inlet manifold for map and regulator and the car is just fine and idling.I tuned the idle part for spark and fuel and a little bit the throttle butterflies because it didn't like to idle less than 1100 and is idling good now.Appreciate your help

9. bens_cab Forum Junkie

no probs mate any advice i can offer to people im more than happy to ive been in your situation and if it wasnt for toyotec id probally still be trying to get my car running properly 6 years on lol

10. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

:lol::lol: :thumbup:

11. Mike_H Forum Addict

In case it helps, I've got mine on the vac connection on the side of the throttle body, that's right under the butterfly - where the vac advance would have gone from the old kjet (8v) dizzy. What throttle body are you using? I guess if there's no connection, you'll have to get one fitted.

12. alexisblades99 Forum Member

Can I ask if anyone's using the ABF/AGG 60-2 toothed wheel for their tach signal? What sort of settings are you using to configure this in megatune?

13. bens_cab Forum Junkie

funny thing ive just taken delivery of a mk1 with megasquirt to get running

got it to start albeit on 2 cylinders so after a quick inspection i found one of the ignitor wires had come of in the ecu so soldered back on the car now starts and runs very well on idle but if you drive to drive it theres a definate missfire

now im asuming this car has been sat a while so could possibly have some real cack fuel in it would stale fuel make it idle nice but run crap with a little load? ive put a aknow good map in it from my old setup so im pretty sure its not map related

14. Mike_H Forum Addict

Depends how stale the fuel is, and how much was left in the tank - tends to be worse if there's a lot of air in the tank, I think.

Speaking from recent experience... has it got a lift pump, and is it working ;) I know that most Mk1's don't have one, but it might have one added as part of the conversion.

15. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

Yes but that is before the throttle body and it was connected there before but the egnine map sensor gauge was not getting a reading.I use the standard 16v throttle body Mike.I sorted this problem by using the vaccuum at the bottom of inlet manifold that is used for the oil breather :thumbup:

16. bens_cab Forum Junkie

no lift pump and theres 1/4 of a tank of fuel i think ill let it burn off whats in there or drain it then stick some fresh in there and see what happens

i took the plugs out and they were extremely black so going to get the lm1 on it and see whats happening with the afr also the plugs were some crap 3 prong ones so gonna bin them to:lol:

17. Mike_H Forum Addict

I used to like the 3 prong plugs, but Bosch haven't made them for a couple of years at least. Not sure about other brands.

18. bens_cab Forum Junkie

i tried champion ones and the car ran like a sack off so now using the ngk single ones