Megasquirt help needed

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by bens_cab, Jul 13, 2006.

1. bens_cab Forum Junkie

timing

done some more tests and have figured out that the timing is retarding all the time

if i set a fixed angle of 10 then get the engine to tdc when i increase the revs the marks start to retard

which when i think about it is what my popping and banging is under load

deep joy

2. bens_cab Forum Junkie

well thats that then

Well after a lot of head scratching on evryones part ive made the decision to bin the cop idea

ive pulled all the coil packs and there wiring today thats that so in there place i have got a peugeot 306 wasted spark coilpack:lol:

this will either work or eliminate the car as the fault so hopefully when i figure out what wire goes where tommorow it will run sweet :p

id been reading a few horror storys about cop and how its the most difficult conversion to do with megasquirt so once i have it running ok i will be going back to cop just to prove it can be done with sequential fire

oh yeah and just incase i forgot a big thanks to everyone who has had an imput into this thread your all great

it also looks like the yanks are struggling with cop on 18ts aswel :lol: :lol:

3. bens_cab Forum Junkie

hmm

so still not got any further the car doesnt run at all now so whos going to volunteer im willing to pay to get this thing right you can even come and tow it away to get it done

i quit should have got an emerald:lol: :lol:

4. bens_cab Forum Junkie

at last

well heres an update put the cops back on the car and got it running again turns out my laptop was causing settings to change while burning them to the ecu

also had msns dizzy set aswell as generic wheel opps so sorted that took up the road and it was more responsive still missfires abit but that could be the ve table now

not sure my timing light is much good as its a dial back which are not very good for wasted spark setups nevermind used it anyway and the timing is still advancing or is it guess i need a mickey mouse timing light to try

5. bens_cab Forum Junkie

at last

guys heres the update

took the cop setup of again tried a ford mondeo coilpack [:s] and bingo its solved my problem
    timing is rock steady

just need to tune it now :lol: :lol:

appologies for the mondeo parts but ill have to sand the ford marking s off:lol:

6. Cerberii Forum Member

Congratulations on the progress!!

And well done for perservering with it.