MK IV 1.8T mods

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by smokesho, Jan 13, 2004.

1. ChicagoGTI New Member

nah.. just got a 2002 GTI Haynes manual for $5.00... just need to know how to do things, where the screws are at...

oh i just installed my Boost gauge and stock PSI on a 2003 GTI 1.8T MKIV is 12psi...

2. I got a 70mm excaust (from downpipe) and my hp increase was 7bhp, So 20bhp is bullS.
    If you want 280 bhp you must have at least a K04 turbo or better. and a large intercooler.
    Edited by: mellowyellow

3. smokesho New Member

thankyou for the numbers, so u got almost 10 horses at the crank from ur exhaust. from downpipe, does this mean from the downpipe back, or including the downpipe ?
    and, what else if anything do u have done to the car ? and..... what year and model is your car ?

so once again, how many pounds of boost is needed to reach that area of approximately 300 hp ? who has empirical data for me?

4. if you think you want to have 250hp you need to invest in a solid chip or complete ECU