Mk V R32 Is this too risky?

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by neil_kman, Jul 31, 2007.

1. VENTO GTI EDITI New Member

As said if it's got full service history then it sounds like not a bad buy.

I never go on age or mileage I judge a car on history and condition , sooner have one that's been driven daily than one sat in a garage and only driven on occasional weekends

Had a customer some years ago who was told by his boss that he could have any car as long as it wasn't a GT or GTi ......so bearing that in mind he went out and ordered a VR6 Corrado ! :lol:
    He had the car for a few years racking up over 180,000 mile as he used to travel all over Europe in it.
    That Rado seemed to get better each time I serviced it :)

2. neil_kman New Member

well guys i just bought it. It drove awesome way better than my 2003 cupra-r if he said it had 9000 miles i would of believed him . Felt so much more solid i just have to keep pinching myself as to what i got it for and that this isnt a dream!!!

Many thanks for all your help boys

3. GRINGOG60 Forum Member

Very well done to you mate.

4. seb'16v'bonizzi

seb'16v'bonizzi Forum Member

awesome! pics pics pics, get em up!

5. neil_kman New Member

I dont get the car for 1-2 weeks as there is quite a lot of stuff i am getting them to do first
    . I'll get pics on as soon as i have her

6. Rainey Forum Member

What Stuff???

7. neil_kman New Member

Mostly cosmetic stuff, refurb the 2 front wheels, fix a scratch, take it to VW for the Haldex oil to be changed as it wasnt at 40k. Even managed to get tax and and some petrol out of them.

8. Seraph Banned

I'm still sceptical....cheapest one in Autotrader is 20k with simila miles.

9. neil_kman New Member

why are you goin sceptical you were not before? I has been checked out as a nissan approved used. I have seen the inspection paperwork it has full service history at wayside vw milton keynes. Your worrying me now.

10. Aphex Forum Junkie

I don't think it should worry you. If Seraph doesn't mind me saying.. he is Mr Doomsday.

11. neil_kman New Member

i have also seen a hpi report and the logbook. Its a uk car with nothing outstanding on it whatsoever. If it was from a backstreet garage i would be a sceptic too i think. But its form a brand new very large nissan dealership that is situated on a large motorpark that has all the major manufactures on it. I think if the same car was on a vw forecourt it would be 19000 probably.

12. Seraph Banned

I was always sceptical, but also simultaneously discrete!

Don't worry, after all, you're there in the midst of the investigation, I'm not

I'm not fatalistic by any means, but I am very realistic, and you simply don't get something for nothing

Thus theres no obvious reason to mark down a car circa 3k without 'some' reason.

But if it's all sound, then there's no problem, other than a slightly naive seller!

13. neil_kman New Member

lets hope so. Dont forget mine has done 49000 miles in 16 months that is high enough to scare off a lot of punters i am sure so they have to price it to sell. If there is an inherant problem im sure it will show itself over the next 10000 miles so it will be under warranty.

14. paulyb Forum Member

Welldone Neil, they are a beast of a motor,good luck with it, what price did you get it for?

15. dT MK3 4

dT MK3 4 Forum Member

Sounds like a nice little bargain been had there fella...49,000....just run in and waiting for abuse innit? LOL :lol:

16. neil_kman New Member

with regards to the wheels the nuts have little plastic covers with what looks like a star bit in the middle. I looked through the tool kit to make sure locking wheel nut was there but what tool removes the covers please

17. gillm

gillm ***** User

sounds like a great deal mate love to hear your thoughts on it when you get it , weldone for finding a great car at good money

18. neil_kman New Member

Just thought i would call my local vw dealer to price up new discs and pads just out of curiosity as i was previously warned how pricey they were. For mk v r32 they quoted me 80 per disc and 55 for a set of pads inc vat. Bargain eh! Seem a lot cheaper for the mk v over the mark iv.

19. Golfgirl Forum Member

Flippin 'eck that's cheap!!:o What dealer is that? I must go there!!

20. neil_kman New Member

motorworld vw in oxford.

Please note the prices are what i was quoted for a mk v r32 are different to the mark iv cos i too thought that was really cheap. The guy i spoke to in parts said the old r32 discs were way more expensive due to the fact they were right handed and left handed i.e a specific disc for each side of the car. Seems weird but thats what he said.