MK2 8v w/ 2.0 bottom end, BHP?

Discussion in 'Engines' started by rubjonny, Oct 27, 2005.

1. chrismc Forum Junkie

Yes you can use the mk3 rocker cover, though i used the mk2 setup as it was simpler IMO..you may have slight issues with timing covers etc etc, but shouldnt be too difficult to sort..

The 2E dizzy is used in exactly the same way as a mk2 dizzy. It will plug straight into the mk2 loom & you set the timing in exactly the same way ;)

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Ok thanks! I have a complete 2e engine so should be able to swap all the timing covers over as desired, just wanted to make sure it wouldn't fowl the bonnet. The more I think about it I recon they must have been talkin about the ABF motor :)

3. Dicky_morris Forum Member

hi, i have a mk3 golf gti 8v on a p plate, so i believe its the 96 model, i know a lump being sold with a pb head on it from a mk2 that i would like to put into a mk3, any ideas on how hard it would be to carry out this conversion, it comes with the ecu and loom so im assuming that i can plug this into the fuse box with no real issues??

what are the issues ill have fuel side of the conversion as atm i believe its an agg engine in her.. should all the fuel lines plug in ok??

Thanks Dicky

4. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

you will need the pb inlet manifold and fuel rail inc pressure reg, and some sort of adaptor plate for you throttle body as it totally different to the pb one. the rubber fuel lines are different too.

it would be easier to stick the the AGG management, otherwise you will have to change the dizzy too.

personally if you want to improve you AGG get the head & manifolds done by Mr Shed see the group buy section.

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

You'll never get the Mk2 management through the emissions regs for your car, and the inlet ports are very different between Mk2 and Mk3 heads.

A ported Mk3 head would be a better bet, along with a mild cam.

But to be honest, you should really think about changing the car for a faster one, like a Mk3 16v. You could spend about a grand on your 8v and still make less power than a standard Mk3 16v.

6. Dicky_morris Forum Member

ok,

i would love to buy another car, but cant afford to pay out tbh, the engine that has come up has bigger valves, polished and ported head and the bottom end of an agg.. at the moment the guy whos selling it is checking with a mate to see if it comes with the inlet manifold, he thinks it does along with all the wiring. I also read on here today that the exhausts should fit from a mk3 with no issues..

the reason i want to run this engine is because i have an eaton supercharger and mr.turbo management from south africa, but because its pushing about 140 brake i wanted to throw it and and see how she goes'..

Emissions arent really an issue as i have a friendly mot tester..the engine is only 200 quid.. so i thought for the money with the work done to the head.. it was a bargain..if it does come with the inlet manifold and fuel rail.. do you think its achievable to plum into the mk3 fusebox??

7. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

it should plug in easy enough as long as its the later wiring loom.

there will be lots of minor problems to iron out before you can get it running tho, but if your prepared it and have the cash to spend then i can see why it wont work.