mk2 golf jacking points

Discussion in 'VW Heritage (formerly Big Boys Toys)' started by REIDO, Apr 17, 2014.

1. REIDO Forum Member

Could do with the jacking point repair plates for the mk2, Genuine preferred,

part numbers

191803097f
    191803078f
    As well as the mounting point parts (cups)

Gave you a ring last week to ask, but unfortunately no luck just now.
    Most mk2's will be needing parts like this, please give VW classic parts a wee kick in the gluteus maximus for us OEM freaks! How many would they need to be put into production to make it viable?
    Cheers

2. Andy@VWH Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Hi Reido,

We are working on a solution for this, at the moment though cutting sections from a donor car is the only answer (or making your own).
    VW Classic will remanufacture parts if the tooling is still available, if the tooling has been lost or destroyed though, then it is a matter of will they sell enough to warrant reproducing the tooling. Which as frustrating as it is, makes business sense.

We will of course try them, and see if we can get genuine items back on the menu before looking at manufacturing our own.

Andy

3. REIDO Forum Member

Cheers Andy, Thanks for taking the time to reply,
    I found some new old stock panels in the end, Partnumbers as above but end with "D" rather than "F".

Would be good to see more Genuine repair panels and chassis parts made by VW again. Its understandable that it might not be viable but im sure in the long run they would sell.
    VW were in a partnership with FAW in China where they only recently stopped production of the MK2 jetta, Could VW Classic or Heritage approach them to enquire about any tooling they may have left? (food for thought?)

Would be good to see genuine window rubber/door seal kits for sale as well.

Many thanks,
    Steve

4. Andy@VWH Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Hi Steve,

Glad you got some panels sorted. We are always exploring avenues to get genuine panels. We have been to China a number of times to look at that option.

Rubbers - again, we try our best on this. If VW can' do it, we will try and make it ourselves using original manufacturers and materials.

Andy

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

sorry to bump this but I need some as well now! so if you can find stock somewhere that would be grand

6. tom1989 Forum Member

The thread here is talking about these parts isn't it, although 9 years ago:
    http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?67556-ETKA-MK2-jacking-point-area-*update*

Is the third part 321 803 615 available these days either? I'm guessing that it'd be needed to complete the repair?

I also need some of these if they become available again, and so does a friend of mine with a mk2 jetta. I bet a good proportion of the mk2's out there need these or are coming close to needing repair, these'd sell well I imagine if they became available.

7. rubjonny

if thats the dimple they're NLA as well, but usually you can drill the spot welds off the odl ones and keep em after a suitable derusting dunk in deox c or whatevers.

8. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You maybe able to use a dimple from something else
    The mk3 uses a lot of the same parts like that as do other VW's

It wouldn't matter if it was not 100% the same for the dimple

9. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Jonny I'm hopefully cutting up a creg 16v Friday I need the space it's a full motor but floor is bad but I'll look at the dimples for you :thumbup:

10. Finite

Finite Paid Member Paid Member

Since you're regretfully ;) cutting up a 16V Mk2 is there any chance of the bit of bulkhead and tunnel that goes rusty on a pre 90 spec 8V due to the missing lower section of heat shield? (which I also need).

11. Sirguydo

Sirguydo Fastest milkman in the West Paid Member

Good chance I want to keep interior and some panels for if I bend my racer :o interior for other projects lol

12. neil kaye Forum Junkie

sure i read on here somewhere there was another car, mk3? polo? that has similar panel that just need a mod, sorry brain not in gear but hope thats of some use?
    i would personally like to get the jacking points on mine sorted at some point, mine have had a repair but not oem but we took the dimple off and re used it

13. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

I think I took the last set of repair panels from heritage last year:p
    The dimples were not actually that bad, it was just what they were mounted to that gave way. It's like someone installed an anchor in the front as when I was jacking it up it didn't go anywhere...oh waitlol

14. MUSHY 16V

passat's the same age have the same dimples on the rear end
    Most likely more rare than a golf is though

Corrado's and g60 golfs use a different jacking point with no dimples
    That is just flat

Think I'm going to weld a flat plate on instead of the dimple
    Will make easer to get the jack in
    Plus less likely to damage the floor

15. rubjonny

its not the dimples I need, its the full repair panels! my dimple is all fine and will clean up, the big hole in the floor will not :lol:

I have an idea to mod my car anyway so it can take the audi TT jack rubbers to stop this ever happening again, but thats another story. need a solid floor first :lol:

16. MUSHY 16V

The floor and filler plate are fine on mine
    Its just the jacking point and sill are nonexistent
    Not sure if it's worth fixing or not yet

May just look out for a better starting point