MK2/MK3 AHU ECU chip connection problem?

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by *Alex*, Nov 17, 2011.

1. *Alex* New Member

Right ok. As I said, the car is at my sisters. I live in Shifnal (TF11), but the car is near Telford centre. I'll get you the part number from the ecu after work tomorrow night and we'll go from there, thanks!

2. ourkid Forum Member

Mike, can you do that without changing the values as i sent Ruben some run logs using this file and he said they were perfect for the setup.If Alex changes the ECU will he have to re-set the timing and IQ?

3. m1keh Forum Member

It will keep all the map values the same yes, it's just some ecu's have a different code to others and you cant just swap chips with them. Should be no need to do timing or IQ.

4. *Alex* New Member

I've checked the new ecu that's now plugged in and they are both the same part number - 028 906 021 DK, so that sounds promising! What's my next step?

Really appreciate all the help I'm getting on this btw, thanks everyone!

5. *Alex* New Member

m1keh is kindly gonna put new chips (with the correct data files for my engine) in a standard ecu for me and will be sending it over to me in the next couple of days. Will let you know how i get on. Once again, thanks Mike!

6. ourkid Forum Member

Nice one!, lets hope it gets sorted, big thumbs up for Mike!:thumbup:

7. ourkid Forum Member

Any update on this?

8. *Alex* New Member

Yep! I've had the ecu come through from mike but it didnt fire up. Got in touch with that bloke who managed to get it running (you know that first nob we were talking about ages ago) and he's coded the immob or something. It runs fine, but its not hitting its full potential boost-wise). Although there were two wires that ran into the original ecu that came with the car that now need to be wired into the ecu mike has sent me. The guy that's working on it has said that these are for the external boost pressure sensor..? I always wondered what they were for. He said he's gonna mod this new ecu (the one mike sold me) as per the original one. He said that its probably only running about 1.2 bar - where it should be running around 1.4 bar with the boost pressure sensor fitted. Not sure how accurate this is, but i'll keep you updated. Fingers crossed!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  9. m1keh Forum Member

Ahh glad it's at least running now Alex. I had forgotten you have an external map sensor, so yes that will need wiring in which is a bit of a bugger. Hope the guy sorts you out soon.

10. ourkid Forum Member

Nice one!, so i'm a bit confused, was it an ECU problem all along?.Yes the original internal MAP sensor was the rectangular plastic thing that lived inside the ECU.Once this is removed,2 wires are soldered in where this used to connect to the circuit board.These wires are then run outside of the ECU and are connected to the new PD150 external MAP Sensor.(This is the plug that is fitted to a welded adaptor on the intake pipe ,i think i colour coded the wires anyway and used spade connectors so re-connecting shouldn't be an issue,You should then get full boost again (finally!) pretty sure it was about 22-24 psi so 1.5 bar at least.

BTW this wiring mod is really easy if you copy what was done to the old ECU.You could probably do this yourself if you have a soldering iron.If you get stuck give me a call 01513564403

Ade.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011