MK2 R32

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Mikedav, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Mikedav Forum Member

Apparently JBS Design have a white MK2 with an R32 engine in it for Inters? Anyone know more?

www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk

2. superden Forum Addict

Not heard about that one but I`ll bet its sweet as [:D]

3. MK1Campaign Forum Member

Yep its true. The engine was on the bench when i was there a few weeks back and the MK2 was parked outside.

4. grantmk4 Forum Member

You guys serious? I hope they have some good tyres ;)

5. pettsy Forum Member

might have to go and have a look at that!

6. DarrenW Forum Junkie

Wow that sounds interesting! Wondered how long it'd be until an R32 lump popped up in a Mk1 or Mk2... :)

7. grantmk4 Forum Member

i hope theres some w8 passats at inters otherwise it will wipe the slate lol

8. Mikedav Forum Member

I want an R32 lump myself - should drop straight in, and as my 24v VR6 is worth a few quid in itself I bet the cost to change would be pretty reasonable!

Whats my engine worth guys?

9. pettsy Forum Member

i'll give you a fiver! :lol:

hmmm......mk3 polo v6

10. grantmk4 Forum Member

5.50! lol

11. Andy947 Forum Addict

Dont see any reason to get super excited over an R32 in a MK2 - blown VR6's are superior, and the install cant be much different!

12. pettsy Forum Member

its just something different isn't it. wait till everyones replacing thier 1.8t's with 2.0t's

13. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

w8 mk2................ :lol: :lol:

tim

14. Mikedav Forum Member

Its unlikey to stay standard is it. And Blown 3.2 VR6 = 550BHP+, 0-60 in 3 Secs (and thats in a bloody Mk4)
    Edited by: Mikedav

15. grantmk4 Forum Member

any way, y the "feck" wudnt we like your car, its mint ;)

16. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

How did they get the engine!?

"Er hello, Id like an R32 please. Yes sir, what colour?.
    No...just the engine thanks..."
    :lol:

17. Mikedav Forum Member

A dead one perhaps? Either way we have a guy on UK-MKIVs that is sourcing full R32 engines and running gear if anyone wants them - direct from germany, can virtually order the whole car as a kit - almost. Engine is about 5k I think.
    Edited by: Mikedav

18. Andy947 Forum Addict

I'm sure that it wont stay standard, just pointing out that its not exactly a huge leap forward in terms of what it is - its still just a VR6, all be it a higher capacity one.

19. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

Yep exactly. Theres been a 2.8 24V MK2 built in America, that was in PVW a few months back. An R32 engine in a MK2 is no different. The hardest thing is finding the engine, but even that isn't that hard to find. The was one selling on Eb@y a month or two ago.

Its gonna be quite quick no doubt about it, but its still not gonna be a patch on the twin engine VR6T MK3 of Dubsport or the 20vt Syncro's that are running about. Or any other 225bhp engined mk2 20vt for that matter.

If it was FI might be a slightly different matter tho. If they can get the traction onto teh tarmac, or are 4WD-ing it
    Edited by: RallyeVR6

20. veedubber Forum Member

So what if its similar to the 2.8 24V. They are the first to do it over here, could even be one of the first full stop to have an R32 mk2!

If companies and people didn't put different engines in the cars in the first place, we wouldn't be where we are today or have the variety!

They build some storming good cars, there finish is superb. So i say fair game to them

stef