Mk3 8v juddering very strange

Discussion in '8-valve' started by Burtis, May 3, 2015.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

theres nowt special about the timing on the later cars, you just need to get the dizzy at exactly TDC when cam and crank are lined up then done! the vacgom procedure is just to check you got it right or not. well worth getting a cable if not for this but so you cvan keep on top of general maintenance with it, scan codes and all the sensor inputs in real time etc

2. Burtis Forum Member

Sounds like a good idea does the mk2 also have a port as I have one of these also?

3. rubjonny

nah mk2 is too old to have one, unless its a g60!

4. Burtis Forum Member

Fair enough no g60 here just a little 8v. I have checked the dizzy setup and is bang on already. Maybe the cap and rotor arm need changing did look pretty dirty in there should have checked this to begin with.

5. Burtis Forum Member

Well low and behold after being told when we bought it dizzy was new it turned out to be the rota arm hahahaha cheers for the help though mate. Shame I just spent 80 on crank sensors and air flow meter but at least they are new now. Success!!!

6. rubjonny

ah! well at least you know its all tip top for another 20 or so years :thumbup: