Mk3 golf vs corrado

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by simontwithers, May 14, 2004.

1. destructiv dave Forum Member

other way round ;)

2. Claypole Forum Junkie

Parts are expensive? There's understatement for you.

You can pay to fix them and pay to run them but you can't pay off the police. [:^(]

3. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

Corrado#s all the way. I've always wanted one, and now I've got one I can honestly say it's the best car I've ever driven.

a nightmare whn it comes to parts though, everything costs a fortune, but they are well worth it. I reckon I've got about 6000 in mine now, which isn't bad considering the spec. I'd have paid that for a standard VR6. so buying an 8v and converting it to a VR was a good plan.

even with the 8v it was still mint to drive, and it had 137BHP too, which isn't exactly flat.

fantastic cars, beats a mk2 hands down in every apect.

as for a mk3, they are just boring.

4. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

do you think a mk3 golf dash could be fitted into a corrado?

vr6 golf dash into vr corrado?

5. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

mk3 dash is very similar to a corrado dash, just a little more modern. waste of effort if you ask me :)

6. jake Forum Member

I'm still very impressed with the corrado, it feels totally different to the golf in every way and we get 4 people in it with out much trouble. Couldnt do that in the mk1 or mk2 sciroccos we've had.
    They made them along side the scirocco for years and as such wasnt seen as a replacement for it. Odd but thats VW for you....
    What gets me down is the price of body panels and trim, dont ever break the heater controlls or a mirror glass. [8(]