MK5 Golf TDi Long Life Servicing??

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by curlywint037, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

I have version 7, running the pro Cable - covers the Can-Bus system (Not sure if my older cable works version 3.11)

version 7, has a button to reset to long life in 1 click :thumbup:

MATT: I'M NOT SURE, the oil is more expensive due to more chemical 'fixing' , I'm not a fan of it but it's down to lease companies the need more miles on the road
    I have seen a few vehicles with a oil feed problems, all of the had been on L/L at the start of it's life, may not be linked [:s]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  2. The Pig Forum Member

Interesting reading ! I come from a world of never spending more than a grand on a car and never letting anyone else touch it as I don't trust anyone else ! I serviced the Mark II every 5K regardless.......

I have just bought a Mk 5 GTI on a long life service program and been advised that even if I "drive" it as it was designed to be driven I should get at least 15K between services based on few short journeys.

Clearly I'll have the programming double checked but is this mileage realistic ?

3. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

me too.... could never keep oil in for more than 7k :S

4. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

If it comes out by itself when you take the sump plug out, it wasn't ready for changing yet.[:|]

5. The Pig Forum Member

Depends how fast it comes out. Castrol and water spring to mind............