MK5 REVO, yes or no ?

Discussion in 'FSI (inc. GTI 2.0T)' started by MKVGti, Oct 11, 2006.

1. MKVGti New Member

VW UK have been really good. Things are moving now with the dealers but VW are tracking progress and are overseeing things. The Dealers have messed up so hopefully they put things right without any more aggravation.

cheers

2. MKVGti New Member

VW Uk still pushing to sort things but (surprise surprise) the dealers are dragging their heals. Big disappointment with the service which confirms my experiences with most of the dealer networks.

On the plus side, all this dithering on my side with the REVO means I havnt wasted 600 as the car looks like its going back to VW and beingh exchanged under the 30day clause. Would have been a bummer if Id spent the money for 4 weeks fun.

3. Seraph Banned

guess you've not seen the mk5 concept gti from US then!

4. gillm

gillm ***** User

so are you getting another or steering away from the mk5 gti ?

5. MKVGti New Member

The car has gone back, sad to see it go but I would have had a knightmare when it came to resale as it had 3 prev owners and was only 20month old !! This was overlooked by VW and I was told it was a 2 owner when I bought it as the V5 wasnt availble as it was `in the post` having a cherised transfer, VW put there hands up and admitted it was an admin error and didnt argue.
    They were supposed to replace the car but I was just refunded instead which didnt really help as I was back square 1 trying find another which I struggled to do for 16K, low mile age 3 door.

These things are still mad money to buy.

Anyway good news is that Red 3 dr comes this week, 12K miles, electric leather, winter pack, 6cd and 18" Monzas (which are pretty cool). Fingers crossed I have less hassle this time.
    2 MK5 GTis in 5 weeks? is this a record ??

Im probably on the wrong thread but can you colour key the bumpbers and skirts on these? or do you need to order pre-primed items from VW?

Cheers

6. gillm

gillm ***** User

leave the bumpers bits black mate they look so bad painted it is un real

7. Jim GTI New Member

I have had REVO on my MK4 for 2 years now, and its awesome.

Main advantage is that you can switch it back to stock when it goes into the garage,
    do custom code offer this yet?

8. gillm

gillm ***** User

not that i know of thats one of the main reason i opted for revo

9. MKVGti New Member

New Mk5 came on Sat, Red, 18", Leather, W Pack, Arm rest/changer etc. Bank now empty so new year for any power upgrades, thats assuming I dont get bullied by any Fcus STIs or Megane 225s in the mean time.....