More wood burner advice!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by TheSecondComing, Nov 15, 2010.

1. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

What sorta horsepower motor d'ya think the conical screw one you posted is? Just thinking, we bin a LOAD of old, but perfectly servicable pumps at work with nice big motors on them - and that screw thread can't be too hard to machine? There's also a lethal looking one which bolts to a car hub, jack up one side and put it on instead of the wheel...

2. Brian.G

Brian.G Forum Member

About 2.5 at a guess, Ive a slightly bigger one on a lathe, its single phase, 3hp 2.2kw.

If the motor above is 3 phase, it could be 5hp, but I doubt it is:thumbup:

3. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Ah, read his site from the link below the vid and it's 2.2kW... I'm sure I can find something around 3-4 horsies... I have 3 phase, as well...

4. Brian.G

Brian.G Forum Member

Just seeing link now, 3phase 2.2kw, would make his 3hp, the 3phase motors are 'normally' 3/4 the size of there single phase twins.

5. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

I might go on the scavenge tomorrow - some of the motors on our pumps (which are binned, but perfectly serviceable, as part of a boilerhouse refit) are knee-height on me when stood on end - some even bigger. And invertor controlled, to boot!