MS question, Predator ecu? anyone?

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by badger5, Nov 2, 2010.

1. editionone_16v New Member

Hi guys!

Ive MS-ed only 2 cars so far, my 16vt and friends vr6t.

Easyest tuning for me was using datalogs, or if u bought the full version of Tuner Sutudio then using Ve analyze Live.

You just have to fill up the afr target table with desired values. Turn on ve-analze and it does its magic realtime. You drive, it will compare current and desired value in VE table and change as needed. Or take datalogs, and analyse them in megalogviewer, then burn again. Later you can smooth it out a little by hand.

Just make sure your O2 meter is configured and setup properly. Ms2 has like 2 or 3 menus where u have to set it up. Took me 3 days to figure out my innovate lc-1 wasnt broken when i did ms2 1st time :lol:

2. bens_cab Forum Junkie

similar to what mega log viewer does then

3. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

i did the saxo last night, smoothed out its fueling.. turning off its afr, as it made a hash of it.
    i cant say i like the degree of adjustment via ve adjustment.. adjusting a single digit would step either side of where i wanted to be.. coarse asjustment, combined with me being fussy on what i wanted to see on my dyno afr log. smoothed it out, and lifted a couple of torque troughs where fueling dipped too rich. 157bhp/128lbft its headline numbers. boy are bike bodies sensitive to light throttle angles! lively when just trying to tickle below 2krpm.
    i used the ve auto tune for a while to drive around load sites. it was adjusting, but the specific areas when on sweep mode it did'nt capture, so i found it easier to adjust ve table directly, re run power run and adjust accordingly.
    interesting 1st real play on megasquirt based ecu.

i do like my dta's tho... comfortable old shoe syndrome.

4. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

Bill

you can adjust alot quicker than single units in the other tables.

You select the batch of units and adjust by % required + or - etc.

Quicker & Easier :thumbup:

5. editionone_16v New Member

Maybe the req_Fuel constant isnt set so well in basic settings, which is linked to VE table values. Old megatune had rescale req_fuel option. Didn't see that in Tuner studio. Basically it makes req_fuel constant lover, and u get higher numbers in VE table and More resolution.

Max value in Ve table is 255 so i try to set my req_fuel so i have VE 20-30 at idle and 230ish at full throttle. But thats easyer when tuning from 0, then repairing and existing map.

6. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Cant see how you get that much range. my idle ve is 20 -30 and full throttle is around 70. A rescale would shift the whole lot up. It must depend on fuel injector size too.

Edit: Can see how you would get a bit more resolution.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  7. editionone_16v New Member

Nope, if i recall correct my idle was at around VE 40 and at 240 kpa i had around 230VE on my 16vt. So more numbers to play with.

Im guesing ur req_fuel is set to high so u got only 50 points resolution, thats low. You should atleast have around 100ish VE at full load.

Try to load the msq in megatune and at VE table menu use rescale req_fuel or something like that (it was a long time i used it). And try playing with it. After u do it you'll have to retune (finetune) a little. So save the old file just in case.

If ur ok with current resolution don't touch annything...:)

8. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

I did wonder why small changes had a big effect.:thumbup: Played with the rescale. Gives Idle VE of 50 and full load (240kpa) at 115-120. Will have a play with this and see the effect.

9. mark25 Forum Junkie

req_fuel is a multiplication factor for the whole fuel mapping. It can be used as a sort of coarse offset for the whole fueling to get the engine running initially, but should be bought back to the measured value (for the injectors being used) asap. With a corresponding equal and opposite adjustment in the VE table. as siad, select all cells, then + or -, remebering VE is in % and req_fuel has units of: injector flow rate.

In the same way, bigger injectors are also a multiplication factor for the whole fuel mapping.

You will get better results, quicker if you get all these parameters back to the theoretical, or measured values and work from there.

10. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

ve at full loads was around the 98-102ve level
    adjustments by just one, made mig jumps

i do prefer dialing in direct ms injector timing that is more familiar to me on the dta's, with 0.01ms resolution on adjustment