New mk1 to the forum pt 2 - 3 year update! pg3

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Riley, Dec 15, 2003.

1. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

that car is incredible... and it's never been stripped/rebuilt/painted in its whole life???

5 was cheap i think.... people want 4 for a good nick mk2 valver nowadays...

2. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

50k :thumbup:

Nope, never been painted or anything[8D]
    There was an incident where some model cars fell off the wall and scratched the wing, but the guy who came to sort it used some cutting compound applied in a strange funnel thing and polished them out. Its totally sorted it [:D]

I remember at the time of buying, there was a series 1 mk1 with lower mileage and it was 10k:o But it was rotty underneath etc! :thumbd:

My dad actually wants to take the engine/box out to clean it up a little more, but i aint letting him[:|] :lol:

Neil.

3. golf2 Forum Member

That is absolutely stunning! I would love to own a car like that.

How often does it get used?

4. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

It gets to go down the road/round the block every few months or so :thumbup:
    Its due its mot again soon too.

Im gutted about the original dealer plates[8(] I took them off to plastic polish them, they were in my mk2 gti that someone fired outside my house[8(] So they are well and truly gone...

Neil.

5. paulyb Forum Member

That is the best standard mk1 I have ever seen we need more pics, roll it out into the sunshine for us Neil? please[:D]