new tyres. Firestones?

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by Tspec, Sep 22, 2007.

1. JIMMY GTI Forum Member

you keep mentioning about me saying their "not that good", i never said they were crap, i said their decently priced and wear quite well!
    when i say budget, the price lists in tyre garages usually start at remould, then BUDGETly priced new tyre, then upward in quality/price towards top end michelins.
    when i say just above budget tyre, that means next up or close to the budget tyre on price list.
    i was just giving Tspec3000 my 2p worth and trying to help so if you got anymore problems you got 2 options mate:-

1. stop giving your opinions on tyres and dont post in this thread or

2. stop bin a ****** causin arguments and spoiling a good site then carry on with the thread

2. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

what car you mean? been through a few sets on my old mk3 and this mk4. used to use yokohama on previous vws but didnt like them in the wet. thanks folks, collie/bacon99 im looking into the blackcircle company, think i might take that route.

3. JIMMY GTI Forum Member

ive heard a lot of good reports on the black circle place, lots of people on the punto gt club i used to be part of recommended them also

4. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

to save starting a new thread..
    tyre time again. yay. quick question, whats are peoples opinions on dunlop maxx? and also on pirreli P6000's?
    Car is mk4 golf gti.
    cheers

5. skint_golfer

skint_golfer Forum Member

www.camskill.co.uk

they have loads of offers on at the minute and I picked up a set of toyo t1r's for 117 inc vat (195/50/15) so they may also have something to suite you.

R888's are 60 inc vat & carrage each! (195/50/15)

6. skint_golfer

skint_golfer Forum Member

I've had friends use them and they have all said they are good and I've used www.mytyre.co.uk without any trouble. I think their in some way linked to one another though. www.camskill.co.uk beat the them both by atleast 15 per tyre on my toyo's though.