new wheels to refurb:) advice please.

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by copeidge, Mar 19, 2010.

1. G-Man Forum Junkie

Personally scrub them up very well so there's no sign of dirt/gunk on them and that's probably the best way to sell them for a bit more money.

Get rid of all the dirt, old wheel weight stuff and grease and I think they'll come up looking trumps without needing a full refurb. Once you've got them looking as spotless as you can then i'd re-assessed how much more of an improvement all those hours, materials and sore hands will improve the appearance to the sellers?

Even with that 1 wheel not being great, scrub it up as some people won't be bothered about it really. On the other side not that i'm doubting your skillz but there's always a chance if its not done properly you can make the wheel look worse with rattle paint in a tin

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  2. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

to me 60 quite a lot of money,id be happy with that profit tbh.
    and weirdly i quite enjoy it! loved doinf my bbs a while back.

ohhh btw neil!!!!! you got yours done yet?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  3. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

thanks for the advice, think i will also seek the advice of my dad, he always seems to know best! haha

cheers!

4. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

they look beautiful, i was planning on advertising them on club polo. if i end up refurbing them i think i might go with the black centers and polished dish, much more desirable probs.

nice one!

5. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

^^ currently doing my housemates RX2's the same scheme for his mk3 cab.... looks good!

6. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Got any pics??

7. Golfamily7 Forum Member

Im a bit of a serial alloy wheel swapper and home refurber. Done about 7 sets of OE ones over the years. Its not the most fun but i've made plenty of money out of them. BBS cross spokes are the wrst by far. Bit of easy money for a few hours of hard graft of a few evenings.

8. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

lol yeah nice warmer evengings with some light, music and a beer, its quite nice and relaxing! to just sit in the garage and get stick in. :lol::thumbup:

9. neil kaye Forum Junkie

nooo i cannot be as5ed too much finger chaffing ,ill get round to it eventually